'Bunkbed' Cots

EpcotQueen

DIS Veteran
Because we have little extra room in the house are planning on buying a set of bunk bed cots for the grandkids. The kid size cots will work for only a couple of years til they outgrow. We've looked at both the xlg cots and the xxlg at Cabelas. The xlg would probably be the best but DH doesn't like the open space between the canvas and the frame. He's worried that pillows will fall through. Have any on this forum used these cots and come up with a method to fill that space?
upload_2016-11-14_7-17-3.png

Because we have little extra room in the house are planning on buying a set of bunk bed cots for the grandkids. The kid size cots will work for only a couple of years til they outgrow. We've looked at both the xlg cots and the xxlg at Cabelas. The xlg would probably be the best but DH doesn't like the open space between the canvas and the frame. He's worried that pillows will fall through. Have any on this forum used these cots and come up with a method to fill that space?
View attachment 206371
I own the the Disc O Bed XL cots which I bought at Cabelas. In fact the first use was at Ft Wilderness. Only adults slept on them but no one complained of problems regarding pillows or bedding. I will point out that the man who put it together the first time did not think instructions were necessary since it is clear HOW to do it. Alas he did not CLICK the round thingie into the frame below and it collapsed during the night (haha). Since that lesson we've never had a problem. It is important however to put the black strap on the end as pictured so they can't come apart.

1) We find that sleeping on the ground or on the floor is an adventure for kids.
2) Why deprive them of such an experience?
:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter