Bus from Pop to DHS??

Knaedudley

Earning My Ears
Am I understanding correctly that there are no busses from pop to DHS and that my only option is the gondola? I know some are using Uber to boardwalk but we are a party of 10 with two Little’s that need car seats. Uber not really an option...

Am I understanding correctly that there are no busses from pop to DHS and that my only option is the gondola? I know some are using Uber to boardwalk but we are a party of 10 with two Little’s that need car seats. Uber not really an option...
Not directly answering your specific question, but if you take Uber or Lyft to DHS, you don't have to go to Boardwalk or any other site. You can go directly to the theme park.

As I understand it, you are correct - the sky liner gondolas are the only transportation to DHS from Pop Century. However, if the Skyliner is down for some reason (weather, maintenance issue, etc.), then they will send busses to Pop to go to DHS.

You could try to get 2 UberXL's, each with a car seat. I don't know how the current availability of UberXL's with car seats is doing.

Just wanted to x2 on @SheSingsAlong’s post.... correct, buses are not running from Pop to DHS unless the Skyliner is down.

One thing I am interested to watch is what happens when AoA opens 11/1. It seems ‘possible’ that Disney could (and arguably should) opt to add some buses to Pop and AoA in the morning just to take some of the stress off the Skyliner/DHS craziness, but obviously a big TBD on that.

We usually drive and have a car. We are staying at Pop first week of December, would everyone suggest we just drive to DHS or should we try to brave the Skyliner madness?

We usually drive and have a car. We are staying at Pop first week of December, would everyone suggest we just drive to DHS or should we try to brave the Skyliner madness?

I'd drive (and we did both of our DHS days). It's super easy from Pop and saves a lot of time in the Skyliner lines.

I did see an outside-the-box strategy from TP: From Pop get on a bus heading to DAK, then walk to the bus pick up area and get on a bus heading to Boardwalk/Yacht Club/Beach Club, then walk from that resort to HS. Because DAK opens at 8am, busses will be running by 7am, so even with the bus transfer and walking, you can make it to Hollywood Studios before the Skyliner starts running and before cars are allowed into the HS parking.

Granted, an Uber would be MUCH more direct, but for those who don't want to spend the money or have other issues (need carseat, have mobility scooter, etc.) this could be better than getting in line for the skyliner and hoping for the best. Considering trying it myself when we are at Pop next week.

I did see an outside-the-box strategy from TP: From Pop get on a bus heading to DAK, then walk to the bus pick up area and get on a bus heading to Boardwalk/Yacht Club/Beach Club, then walk from that resort to HS. Because DAK opens at 8am, busses will be running by 7am, so even with the bus transfer and walking, you can make it to Hollywood Studios before the Skyliner starts running and before cars are allowed into the HS parking.

Granted, an Uber would be MUCH more direct, but for those who don't want to spend the money or have other issues (need carseat, have mobility scooter, etc.) this could be better than getting in line for the skyliner and hoping for the best. Considering trying it myself when we are at Pop next week.

AK doesn't open at 8am every day, looks like only on weekends.

That's a good point...I suppose you could still try it on a weekday, but there'd be a narrower window of time for success.

Are there still no buses from Pop? Would like to avoid paying for Uber and Skyliner seems mixed success for going before the park opens.

Are there still no buses from Pop? Would like to avoid paying for Uber and Skyliner seems mixed success for going before the park opens.

Not from Pop to/from Epcot and DHS. BUT, they are running to/from AoA so if you don’t mind the walk, that’s an alternative.

Walk is no problem and we may be switching to a suite there anyways. Has there been a trend of which is better for getting to the parks the earliest? Or just depends on luck and how busy buses/skyliner are that morning?

Walk is no problem and we may be switching to a suite there anyways. Has there been a trend of which is better for getting to the parks the earliest? Or just depends on luck and how busy buses/skyliner are that morning?

I'm not well-versed in the latest rope drop experience specifics from Pop / AoA - if you don't get any good info here you may want to ask over in the Pop thread (which is pretty active with helpful folks): Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter