Busch Gardens... good for kids?

proud_canadian

DIS Veteran
I haven't been there for a long time and never with kids. Just wondering if there is a lot of kids to see outside of the seaseme street stuff?

I seem to remember a couple of different kiddie ride sections but wonder if they took them out?

Activities for children at a theme park such as Busch Gardens should not be reguarded as limited to "kiddie rides" and a Sesame Street themed area. All of the shows and animal exhibits are excellent for children. Exposure to live entertainment and the natural world is beneficial for every age, especially young people. Many of the rides are appropriate for families including children who meet the height requirements. With the beer sampling gone, I'd say the only activities at the park that are not appropriate for children are the rides for which they are too short.

You didnt mention ages.... anyway. There are children themed rides and activities throughout the park. We live only 45 minutes away and have Platinum passes. The children ages 2, 8, 12, and 16 have gone to Busch Gardens all their lives. There has never been an age where we felt there was nothing for them to do.

I am interested in what other people's experiences are at Busch Gardens with young children as well. I know that BG is a lot more than just thrill rides and has really wonderful shows, animal attractions/experiences, and great theming. I don't understand why a lot of people think that BG is better for "older kids" because of the thrill rides and that it isn't worth the cost of admission if you aren't going to do the coasters/thrill rides :confused3. I think my kids would really like BG; and the Sesame Street/kiddie area would be the icing on the cake. We are thinking of visiting the one in VA next year since it is only a six hour drive from us.

I am interested in what other people's experiences are at Busch Gardens with young children as well. I know that BG is a lot more than just thrill rides and has really wonderful shows, animal attractions/experiences, and great theming. I don't understand why a lot of people think that BG is better for "older kids" because of the thrill rides and that it isn't worth the cost of admission if you aren't going to do the coasters/thrill rides :confused3. I think my kids would really like BG; and the Sesame Street/kiddie area would be the icing on the cake. We are thinking of visiting the one in VA next year since it is only a six hour drive from us.

When my girls were young they loved BG and always found something they wanted to do. I don't think it is age specific. I don't go on the coasters and I always find something that I like to do and have a great time.

Take a look at the Jungala area as well,it's supposed to be aimed at kids a little but older but I think everything in that area alone is good for all ages.Jungala,the Sesame Street areas well as the 3-D Sesame street movie,all the animal attractions including the new Walkabout Way with Kangaroos and Wallabies as well as the water rides which are appropriate for kids and I don't know how anyone can say Busch Gardens is not for kids.Also how about the train or the skyride or the smaller rollercoasters like Cheetah Chase (Sand Serperts the new name) and Rhino Rally.The thing about this park is that it's popular with all ages,you see how many attractions there are for young kids,then you have the best coaster park in Florida as well as at certain times in the year they bring in special events like Bands Brews and BBQ with music groups for the young or the old.I remember going one day where probably 70% of the people at the park where over 70 since they had big bands playing.

We go to Busch Gardens in Williamsburg several times each summer and my kids LOVE it there, they refer to that as a park similar to EPCOT, except with rides! They have been asking to vist BG in Tampa, so this upcoming May trip we are taking them to Tampa overnight so we can go to BG for a day or two and they are beyond excited. My kids were much younger on their last trip and I know things have certainly changed over the years, we are looking forward to a different experience other then Disney parks while we are on vacation!

Can't wait to head back to BG ...we aren't thrill riders either but we enjoy the family time, no matter where we go we have fun!!!

We go to Busch Gardens in Williamsburg several times each summer and my kids LOVE it there, they refer to that as a park similar to EPCOT, except with rides! They have been asking to vist BG in Tampa, so this upcoming May trip we are taking them to Tampa overnight so we can go to BG for a day or two and they are beyond excited. My kids were much younger on their last trip and I know things have certainly changed over the years, we are looking forward to a different experience other then Disney parks while we are on vacation!

Can't wait to head back to BG ...we aren't thrill riders either but we enjoy the family time, no matter where we go we have fun!!!

It looks like a really fun, well themed park. I am sure my kids will really enjoy it. We are thinking of doing a Virginia Beach/Busch Gardens vacation next year. It seems like the Williamsburg BG has less animal encounters/attractions than the one in Tampa though :confused3. Since Williamsburg is only about a 6 hour drive from us, it is definitely one of our top choices for vacation destinations for next year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter