Buses from HS back to resort or DS at closing

Anal Annie

at least I KNOW I'm a kook...I just can't help it
So we have ONE park day in 2 weekends and we are doing HS. I am planning to be there until it closes at 7:00 because who knows if and when we'll get RotR. I also want to plan a dinner reservation for later in the evening after the park closes. I currently have an 8:45 res booked at Wolfgang Pucks on Sat. night but I keep reading about how DS is reaching capacity on weekends and people are missing their reservations so I started wondering if I should look for something at the resort instead. Since apparently a dining res does not guarantee admission to DS. We're staying at Copper Creek and I can get an 8:20 or an 8:35 at Whispering Canyon. It closes at 9:00 and I hate to go to an all you can eat type meal too close to closing because it always seems like it's not as fresh and it feels like leftovers. How long is it taking at park closing to get back to the resorts with the limited bus capacity? Do you think we could make an 8:20 reservation if we don't leave HS until 7:00?

So I was there 2 weeks ago... But we rented a car. It was a holiday weekend so attendance was definitely on the higher end of normal for now. Hollywood studios was definitely at their max capacity. An 95% of the people got there before the park opened. With the 1 park per day policy..... The crowds to me seemed largest within an hour of opening until @4pm... That's when I could notice a difference in crowd levels and wait times. We left about 30 minutes before park closing and I can say while there were people waiting for busses .. it was nothing close to what you normally have experienced at park closings in the past. I'm not saying you won't wait a bus or 2... But they had busses lined up waiting to come in. I feel they are handling well. The only time I was uncomfortable woth crowds was that Saturday at the Magic Kingdom so we left the park and went back in the early evening. It had thinned out by then.

The biggest issue I saw was bussing TO HS in the morning. Park opens at 10.. and on a sunday morning... The line for the bus was 3 busses long (social distancing numbers) at 8:30am. My neighbor traveled with us but didn't rent a car. They ubered for $18 rather than wait

So we have ONE park day in 2 weekends and we are doing HS. I am planning to be there until it closes at 7:00 because who knows if and when we'll get RotR. I also want to plan a dinner reservation for later in the evening after the park closes. I currently have an 8:45 res booked at Wolfgang Pucks on Sat. night but I keep reading about how DS is reaching capacity on weekends and people are missing their reservations so I started wondering if I should look for something at the resort instead. Since apparently a dining res does not guarantee admission to DS. We're staying at Copper Creek and I can get an 8:20 or an 8:35 at Whispering Canyon. It closes at 9:00 and I hate to go to an all you can eat type meal too close to closing because it always seems like it's not as fresh and it feels like leftovers. How long is it taking at park closing to get back to the resorts with the limited bus capacity? Do you think we could make an 8:20 reservation if we don't leave HS until 7:00?
We didn't have any bus issues. Never waited more than 10 minutes for any bus to or from parks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter