Busiest resale resorts coming up?

Renee H

Mouseketeer
Besides Beach Club and Boardwalk, what resorts do you think will tick up in interest for resale/direct with the new additions coming up? (Toy Story Land, Star Wars, Epcot Reno)

Besides Beach Club and Boardwalk, what resorts do you think will tick up in interest for resale/direct with the new additions coming up? (Toy Story Land, Star Wars, Epcot Reno)
My guess would be Riviera and the rumored Epcot resort. I think that BCV and BWV lose some of their appeal due to their shorter contract lives. There are some buyers who won't care about that or who are unaware but with fewer and fewer points left on the contracts coupled with the question mark hovering over what will eventually happen with the 2042 resorts, I see them losing resale value in the near future.

Poly is more convenient to Epcot than BLT or VGF. You can easily walk from the DVC villas to jump on the Epcot monorail so it is much easier/quicker than BLT/VGF if people spend a lot of time at Epcot
But Poly also has the drawback of not having any 1- or 2-bedroom villas. Just the bungalows, which a lot of owners may never be able to bank and borrow enough to stay in. Its location and the resort itself is awesome but that was the sole reason that we never purchased there (we will stay there someday just to try it out).

Poly is more convenient to Epcot than BLT or VGF. You can easily walk from the DVC villas to jump on the Epcot monorail so it is much easier/quicker than BLT/VGF if people spend a lot of time at Epcot
Oh that’s so true.. good point

Glad we own 255 at BWV. It will be a great location and easy to rent points out if we need to.

Something odd I just noticed. We were on the RAT, on the DVC site, looking at summer availability for a last minute 3 day weekend trip. I was surprised to see BWV have availability still. Then we decided to scrap the summer trip and book a pre-Xmas trip instead. I was surprised to again see BWV available when even AKV was NOT. Can't believe, with TS land openeing, all the BWV availability. I also was surprised to see OKW have a lot open. Usually, last minute is SSR and AKV but not much at AKV yet OKW wide open. I suppose that's due to them being under renovations but why the BWV????

Glad we own 255 at BWV. It will be a great location and easy to rent points out if we need to.

Something odd I just noticed. We were on the RAT, on the DVC site, looking at summer availability for a last minute 3 day weekend trip. I was surprised to see BWV have availability still. Then we decided to scrap the summer trip and book a pre-Xmas trip instead. I was surprised to again see BWV available when even AKV was NOT. Can't believe, with TS land openeing, all the BWV availability. I also was surprised to see OKW have a lot open. Usually, last minute is SSR and AKV but not much at AKV yet OKW wide open. I suppose that's due to them being under renovations but why the BWV????
What room category? That is surprising bc I’ve been looking too and it’s been all grey

Possibly you came in right when someone cancelled.

Given how many people are buying small contracts at CCV, I don't know that the "all studio" thing at Poly makes it less active in resale. It has the best split of MK+Epcot access and contract length for resale.

I was surprised to again see BWV available when even AKV was NOT. Can't believe, with TS land openeing, all the BWV availability.

BWV is just the overflow resort for when BCV is full so it doesn't surprise me.

Ha. :P:Dpirate:

:rotfl:

I kid, I kid.

1BR P/G view

That's because all the rooms are lock-offs so the studios fill up leaving those open. Standard and boardwalk views are most popular, too. That's usually how it goes. 1BR are generally easiest to book anywhere. For BLT it's 1BR lake view for the same reason. Even at BCV the 1BR are the last to book up.

That's because all the rooms are lock-offs so the studios fill up leaving those open. Standard and boardwalk views are most popular, too. That's usually how it goes. 1BR are generally easiest to book anywhere. For BLT it's 1BR lake view for the same reason. Even at BCV the 1BR are the last to book up.
yup....that's why I am glad to be a 1BR booker.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter