Busy beginning of November ?

greg9x

DIS Veteran
My son has a long weekend off from school 2-6 November. Was kind of kicking around a Universal trip, but seeing the Deluxe hotel rates very high $500-$1000/night or no availability. The lower hotels are $150-200+/night.

See the last 2 Haunted nights are that weekend, would that cause that high of crowds ? 'Jersey Week' ? Thought it was the next weekend ?

Weekend rooms will be hard to get because of the last HHN nights. RPR is $332/night checking in on Friday and out on Monday.

Weekend rooms will be hard to get because of the last HHN nights. RPR is $332/night checking in on Friday and out on Monday.

Guess it's that Tuesday there's no availability since only get offered the presidential suite at $1400/night... Sigh, vacation days never sync up to good times to go.

Actually looks like all deluxes are sold out that weekend... Best not to go anyway it seems.

I went that same weekend two years ago and don't remember crowds being a problem at all. It wasn't dead, but it wasn't "crowded" IMO and I do believe the hotels were all booked up then too. If you are okay with switching hotels I'd do one night or two nights at the deluxe then move to something cheaper. I think its still a good time to go, though you will have to put up with the park closing early.

I went that same weekend two years ago and don't remember crowds being a problem at all. It wasn't dead, but it wasn't "crowded" IMO and I do believe the hotels were all booked up then too. If you are okay with switching hotels I'd do one night or two nights at the deluxe then move to something cheaper. I think its still a good time to go, though you will have to put up with the park closing early.

We were there that same weekend that same year. Agree with you that it did not seem that crowded. We were able to get into RPR with a good rate but I don't remember how early we booked. But I feel like that weekend might not have coincided with Jersey week that year.

Also, last year we were able to book a last minute trip the weekend before Thanksgiving and had no problem getting a good rate at RPR. This year for the same weekend it seemed that the cheaper rates were booked really early. I feel like this year has more people booking at the deluxe resorts for some reason.

Flights have limited availability and high prices for going down (coming back not so bad)... maybe won't be packed.. but seems that a lot of people are traveling that weekend. Miss the old days when that time of year was cheap and easy to book.

Tuesday 11/6 is election day and I know a lot of schools around me are closed. People could very well be taking long weekends because of that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter