BUXTON FAMILY TRIP FALL 2018

rsbuxt

Mouseketeer
15 + trips over 15 + years and I've eventually got the time to write a trip report after our latest adventure to The World!
I never got around to a pre-trip report so I'll introduce to the cast now and impart some details of the trip....
First, myself, Richard. 52 years old, Disney World fanatic. I love all things Disney and while away those days when not in Orlando by listening to podcasts when on the road.
Next, my beautiful wife Lidia. She'd kill me if I gave you her age :)! She is not a theme park fan, but loves all things shopping - her Happiest Place on Earth is the Mall at the Millenia.
OR1.jpg
We would be in Orlando for 22 nights. For the last 2 weeks we would be joined by our daughters Gabriella - 27, a soon to be single mom (she was 29 weeks pregnant at the start of the trip), yoga teacher and big foodie and Amelia, 23 years old, coffee shop manager and equals me in her love of Disney World.
or2.jpeg
For the final week of the trip we would be joined by Andres, Lidia's uncle from Boston, Mass. Great fun and someone who just goes with the flow!
or3.jpg
So, as previously mentioned Lidia and I would be there for 22 nights. We were staying offsite on this trip. 7 nights at Grande Villas Resort by Diamond Resorts in a one bedroom apartment (Lake Buena Vista area near the Crossroads), followed by 15 nights in a two bedroom apartment at Summer Bay by Exploria Resorts (about 4 miles west of Disney World on 192. We stayed here on our last trip and loved it.
We would be flying with Thomas Cook from Manchester (1st time we've flown with them). Direst flight out, and via New York coming back (JetBlue from Orlando to New York). My daughters would be travelling with Virgin/Delta via Atlanta. I'm pretty sure Andres used JetBlue on his trip.
We had Disney passes purchased in the UK for myself and daughters. I also had a 2 day pass for Universal that I would use before my daughters arrived. Lidia (at this point) didn't want to visit the parks...this did change!
I guess that's the background taken care of, so on with the trip!

Attachments

• or3.jpg
    or3.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 1
  • or2.jpeg
    or2.jpeg
    63 KB · Views: 1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts