Buyers/Sellers BEWARE!!!

Is this still going on with www.dvcsales.com and prior year dues? I looked at a handful of listings and didn't see any that had extra dues reimbursement included. I want to make sure I'm not missing something.

I called https://www.dvcsales.com/ to see if I could put in an offer for the full list price of a contract with the seller paying the 2020 annual dues, as these should have already been paid in January and the 2021 dues will be coming right around the corner. This would help with the amount of cash needed at closing (especially if the 2021 dues need to be paid then as well). When i called, I spoke with Lori and she had many reasons for why she could not take the offer. She stated that her computer couldn’t generate the request, so I asked if she would call the seller. She said she could but after talking in circles, admitted that she wasn’t willing to call him. Then she went on to tell me it would get taken at ROFR and if I were her sister she would tell me the same thing and so on.
I find it very unethical that if someone is calling with an offer, that offer is not presented to the seller for the seller to decide whether or not they are willing to accept or decline the offer. I also found it unethical that as the listing broker, she was giving me information regarding the seller. She stated that he was an older man and that he didn’t want to mess around with online offers and yet, she still would NOT call him! I then sent an email to Mark asking to hear back from him leaving my phone number in the email. He has not responded and today is day 2. I am a current DVC Member and I fully understand the process for resale contracts and the possibility of ROFR, which I also feel, if the seller and buyer agree to a price, is my concern as the buyer and not Lori’s. I would not do business with this company and would warn anyone to proceed with caution if they do!
Due to past experience with them, I would never use them to buy or sell a contract, nor would I ever recommend them to anyone I know. This is just another good example that backs up my opinion of them.

the 195 fee they charge buyers seems crazy to me. They also get commission from the seller.
We bought through Fidelity last year and saved at least $15 per point versus the listings on all the other sites. We had actually been stonewalled on offers through the other sites (meaning the offers weren't even presented to the buyers). So we saved around $3000 on 200 point contract going through Fidelity, which more than offsets the $195 fee. And the entire experience was phenomenal.

We bought through Fidelity last year and saved at least $15 per point versus the listings on all the other sites. We had actually been stonewalled on offers through the other sites (meaning the offers weren't even presented to the buyers). So we saved around $3000 on 200 point contract going through Fidelity, which more than offsets the $195 fee. And the entire experience was phenomenal.
Fidelity has zero control over the price the contract sells for. They are a intermediary between you and the seller. If the seller wants to sell below market value, I don't think you can credit the listing agent for that, in fact you could argue they aren't doing their due diligence in educating the seller.

I had a similar experience. You just have to factor $195 into the overall price and see if it's worth it or not. That's all there is to it.

Fidelity has zero control over the price the contract sells for. They are a intermediary between you and the seller. If the seller wants to sell below market value, I don't think you can credit the listing agent for that, in fact you could argue they aren't doing their due diligence in educating the seller.
Not necessarily. Some sellers want their contracts to sell and cash in hand. Others may prefer to wait. It's hard to know exactly what brokers advise their sellers. From my experience Fidelity sells them well; they're also the only site I've ever offered full asking (more than once).

There are multiple poly contracts I'm interested in on the market right now but they are at grand floridian prices IMO. Is it fair to the seller to have them priced that high if it means buyers aren't even putting in offers (I'm not anyway). If the seller wants to wait then yes. If the seller wants to sell asap it's not a good strategy.

I’m not sure I follow your comment, Fidelity used to have listings comparatively lower than other sites
i took a look lately and it seems to have gone up a bit, but historically their listings were much better value.

Fidelity has, or, at least use to have, an exclusive agreement with Disney for referral of owners looking to get out. If you're behind on dues or your loan payment and you ask Disney how you get out, they'd send you to Fidelity. That means Fidelity has a history of having very motivated sellers.

I believe Fidelity has a lower commission than most other brokers so sellers can list for lower and get the same take home. I have definitely noticed lower prices at Fidelity compared to others. I’ve purchased with them twice and another broker once.

Actually, fidelity has lower commissions, so sellers make more. Plus, Fidelity prices market. Some other brokers price so that you have to engage in this ridiculous back and forth negotiating where the brokers act like they are in some big time real estate deal just to end up where you would have been originally with fidelity. It’s a crappy $20,000 timeshare, not a million dollar property in Miami. I have also noticed listings sit at some other brokers... for months, sometimes many, many months. That’s because they are overpriced.

I understand that, but Fidelity is routinely lower than the other sites. It doesn't matter if the prices are more reasonable due to the sellers or due to Fidelity. The point was that the savings experienced buying through Fidelity are more than enough to offset their $195 fee.

Timeshare store is also lower for some reason. Anyone know why they are not on Pete’s show anymore?

Timeshare store is also lower for some reason. Anyone know why they are not on Pete’s show anymore?
They are no longer a sponsor of the boards for whatever reason. I don't watch Pete's show but my guess is that being on the show was part of the advertising package.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter