• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Buying A Dvc

SHAYMARAYSMOM

<font color=red>Mickey is my first true love<br><i
Okay we are just about ready to sign the papers on a DVC. I am a little worried they may be somthing hidden we are missing. Can anyone and everyone help calm me down

The only thing we found hidden in our contract was the info on how much we were going to enjoy our dvc!

We purchased in 1998 sight unseen at BWV. We have no regrets and have yet to experience any regrets. Sign you fool... Sign.... before the points go up...

You are not a fool... I know... just being light hearted.

As someone that just returned from a 8 day stay at BCV I have nothing for you but to sign away.
After the two SSR stays and this one with a POFQ thrown in on an AP (DVCdiscount) rate.
Maybe our VBR stay in August will have us second quessing our decision.

I do think not so though.

Okay we are just about ready to sign the papers on a DVC. I am a little worried they may be somthing hidden we are missing. Can anyone and everyone help calm me down

Anytime when I am abut to commit to a lot of money I get nervous.

It will be fine.

The only 'warning' I can give you is to be sure you understand that you get the best 'value' of your membership when using points strictly at the DVC resorts.

If your idea is to use DVC to stay at any of the hotels around the country, to go to ski resorts, to use on Disney Cruise Line, etc., then you might rethink.

The points for the DVC units are fixed. The total number of points to reserve all the rooms for the entire year, cannot go up, ever. In other words the point structure is basically the same every year. On the other hand, the number of points to use at non-DVC location can and does change yearly as negotiations are made between DVC and the other businesses.

The sales people like to stress all the ways you can use points. Don't listen. If you plan to use all your points at DVC-resorts, then it's a great deal. If you intended to use them everyplace else, then it's not so great of a deal.

Availability even at the DVC resorts can be challenging. You differently need the 11 month advantage. We own at BCV and we have not yet been able to get the type of room we want, when we want it. I have been told that we travel at the wrong time of year and that we expect too much. I guess for what it costs, we expected better availability. DVC MS has too many problems in my opinion. Posting problems, website problems, reservation mistakes etc. By now you would think that they would have the bugs worked out. My best advice is to buy a small resale contract at the resort you like the most. Take DVC out for a test drive. If it doesn't work out, sell it and move on. It's not a life long commitment.

We recently purchased into DVC this year with 200 points at AKV. We have stayed the past two years at POR and have had a great time (at a moderate resort). For us it is all about the experience and value. I see alot of people complaining about not getting the resort they want when they want it. I look at it this way.. all the resorts are first class resorts with much more to offer than anyplace else in the Disney area. If you plan on visiting Disney alot and want to say at a first class resort than you cant go wrong anywhere you stay in DVC. Our first trip to a DVC resort is at SSR in Nov / Dec and we cant wait. We have not looked back after plunging in and it will def. save us a ton of money. It would have cost us over $6,000 this year just for our room at SSR. A few more trips and we are way ahead of the game:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter