Buying at shops ..

babesboo99

Veteren Disney Vacationer
I will be a new dvc member after we close this weekend . My question is do I get a white card ? I really just want to know if you use a card when purchasing DVC merchandise at the parks or in the hotel shops. Not sure how that works

Did you buy direct? Direct gets a blue card. Resale will get a digital card only and doesn't get discounts anyway.

I will be a new dvc member after we close this weekend . My question is do I get a white card ? I really just want to know if you use a card when purchasing DVC merchandise at the parks or in the hotel shops. Not sure how that works
The discount is 20% on most all merchandise at parks and hotels but only for Direct purchasers unless you are grandfathered in. AP Holders also get discounts. It includes but is not limited to DVC merchandise.

I bought resale but in time I plan to buy 25 direct. Not worried about the discounts since I have my Disney card.

Are shopping discounts actually classified as "membership magic" benefits? I haven't seen anything definitive that says resale white-card holders don't get merchandise discounts.

I bought resale and only have a digital white card that I saved a screenshot of on my phone. When I went in October I got discounts at all shops, some quickservice where I wasn't using the meal plans, and was even allowed up to the member lounge in epcot (I actually showed the guy at the stand my white card and said "I'm not allowed up am I?" and he said I was). It's my understanding that none of those things are supposed to happen, but they all accepted the white card. I'm not sure if it was luck or uninformed staff.

Are shopping discounts actually classified as "membership magic" benefits? I haven't seen anything definitive that says resale white-card holders don't get merchandise discounts.

I think technically speaking only direct is supposed to get discounts, but I've heard plenty of people say they got a discount even though they were resale. I have an AP and DVC card and I was able to get the 20% merchandise discount many times without showing anything other than my AP slider on my magic band. It's just a button the cashier presses, so it is not like TIW where they have to swipe or key in your information.

We were at Disney the last week and they wanted to see not only the DVC card but almost always my license. Got to be a bit much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter