Buying Disney gift cards with Target gift cards

I go to the Target at Figueroa and 7th Street in Downtown Los Angeles and the Target near Ontario Mills in Ontario California.

I've NEVER had a problem purchasing Disney Gift Cards with Target Gift Cards in Downtown LA. Last week from the Target in Ontario, despite the computer applying the Target Gift Cards to my balance, it took 2 managers to give the okay to an employee at self-checkout that it was allowed.

From now on I'm going to start taking a receipt with me showing brain dead employees that it is allowed and that they should trust their computer system.

In my discussions with one of my local Targets about their new policies, they tried to tell me that their system processes transactions that aren’t allowed when I asked them to just try it. I tried to point out to them that their corporate offices would not allow a system failure like this to exist for years, and that by the system allowing the transaction for Target GC to Disney GC, it is operating within acceptable limits set by their corporate offices. They did not seem to care for this response.

It is really frustrating to have Target corporate come out and directly confirm that these transactions are permissible and okay on social media to a wide audience, and then have individual stores not even follow their own company’s policy. It is even worse when the store starts treating you like the bad guy for wanting to do the transaction at all.

I go to the Target at Figueroa and 7th Street in Downtown Los Angeles and the Target near Ontario Mills in Ontario California.

I've NEVER had a problem purchasing Disney Gift Cards with Target Gift Cards in Downtown LA. Last week from the Target in Ontario, despite the computer applying the Target Gift Cards to my balance, it took 2 managers to give the okay to an employee at self-checkout that it was allowed.

From now on I'm going to start taking a receipt with me showing brain dead employees that it is allowed and that they should trust their computer system.

You mean a past receipt that shows you purchased this way? I think i might want to convert one of my target
gift cards if shutdowns keep going.

Just an update. We originally tried the Target on Irlo Bronson and two cashiers said you have never been able to buy gifts cards with gift cards. We went to a new Target a few miles away and no questions asked.

Just went to the Target in Montclair California and had no issues buying $150 of Disney Gift Cards with Target Gift Cards. Went through self-checkout and the station even allowed me to enter my access codes myself, so no dealing with employees.

Just went to the Target in Montclair California and had no issues buying $150 of Disney Gift Cards with Target Gift Cards. Went through self-checkout and the station even allowed me to enter my access codes myself, so no dealing with employees.
Exact same experience I've had this week. I've done it twice. Go to self check out, act like you know what you're doing, and be quick about it!

I used Target gift cards to purchase Disney gift cards earlier this week-no problem! I went back the very next day to buy more and was told there was a “recent change” that prohibited this and they wouldn’t let me do it. I called customer service and was told that was correct?? Does anyone know if that is really true??

I used Target gift cards to purchase Disney gift cards earlier this week-no problem! I went back the very next day to buy more and was told there was a “recent change” that prohibited this and they wouldn’t let me do it. I called customer service and was told that was correct?? Does anyone know if that is really true??
Yes, it's true. It's been reported on a number of threads on this board as well as on other websites. Sorry you missed the update. It went into effect on Sunday.

Of course I have one last gift card I wanted to turn into a Disney gift card today! Oh, well. I can save it for Christmas shopping.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter