Buying Summer type clothes in Fla. in the dead of Winter

CindysGusGus

<font color=blue>Secretly has the hots for the old
Here is a question that has burning in my mind. We always go to WDW in April or May and have decided to try Feb. this year. My problem is that my 5 yo's have pretty much outgrew their summer clothes already. Do they sell swimsuits etc, throughout the year in Florida??? We will be staying for 2 nights in St Augustine near the outlets before we head over to Orlando. Thank you very much for any help you give!!!:D

Of course! Why wouldn't they? It's still warm in Florida during the winter.

Thanks guys, I thought that they would. The one thing that got me thinking is my cousin who lives in AZ says she wears sweaters in the winter there becuase to them it is cold. The the same thing would happen with florida natives. Thanks for the feedback.

I think it would depend on where you shop. I moved from Michigan to Arizona a little over a year ago. Last year when my sister had come to visit in August when it was still in the 100s we could only find swimsuits on the clearance racks at places like Target, Kmart, etc. It was the same way this year...all of the stores started displaying sweaters, boots, etc. back in like September when you wouldn't dream of wearing them yet!

If you really need summer clothes I would recommend getting them before you leave via catalog or internet shopping. A few years ago when I was preparing for WDW in November and living in Michigan, shorts were nowhere to be found, but I was able to order some from the JCPenney catalog.

I am having somewhat of the same problem. We are doing a Disney Cruise in January and DD4 has just outgrown her summer clothes. (Don't know how it is in So. Florida, but up here on the Panhandle the winter clothes come out in August and even though we are still having 80 degree days right now I'd be hard pressed to find a pair of shorts at a store!)

Anyway, have you thought of looking on eBay also? I picked up some darling new with tags name brand shorts for DD for wonderful prices. Just a thought.

Goodwill, Salvation Army, orther resale shops. I found lots of shorts like in February for y kids to wear in May.
You can find really nice things...
Also, borrow. Find a friend, neighbor, etc who may be the next size up from your kid, and ask to borrow, since they won't be wearing these things anyway.

I found bathing suits for my daughter at Nordstrom Rack for 4.00 a piece. I kid you not! I bought all of the 2T that were cute. Let me tell you that they had tons of shorts for boys and girls. I hope you have one in your area...

thanks so much, i wish they did! I am going to try internet and also pray for St Augustines outlets to come through for me!

I have had VERY good luck with Overstocks from Lands End

www.landsend.com

They have good quality off season stuff there. I just bought a bathing suit and water shoes for DS (5yo) for our trip in January/February.

Good Luck

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter