Buying through DVC timeframe

jswoodard

Mouseketeer
Under normal circumstances, what could we expect the turn around time buying AKL or SSR directly through DVC?

*edited for clarity

Last edited:
Under normal circumstances, what could we expect the turn around time buying resale directly through DVC?

DVC does not "resell" any contracts. Any contract you buy directly from DVC is considered "direct" - that is, they put together the number of points you want, the DVC resort you want, and give you a brand new direct-from-Disney contract with a few magnets and a DVC Backpack. There are many resale outlets, they take someone else's contract and transfer it to you. No magnets, no backpack...

Sorry, yes, that is what I meant, I guess I don't know exactly what to call it. I want to purchase directly through DVC but Saratoga Springs or Animal Kingdom and am wondering what the timeframe could be.

We used to be members but sold our contract and are looking to get back in.

Under normal circumstances, what could we expect the turn around time buying resale directly through DVC?

As EYL points out, DVC sells direct only. I've added on through DVC direct, and it was next day for them to find points, process cc (used Disney Visa), and points were in my account that afternoon.
I just recently added on via resale, as well - that is I am in the process.
I made an offer on 2/9, it was accepted on 2/11, sent to ROFR 2/20, Passed ROFR 3/6, and I'm still waiting for closing doc. from the title company. So the cost savings was significant, but the process takes a lot longer via resale.
ET :darth:

Sorry, yes, that is what I meant, I guess I don't know exactly what to call it. I want to purchase directly through DVC but Saratoga Springs or Animal Kingdom and am wondering what the timeframe could be.

We used to be members but sold our contract and are looking to get back in.

Purchasing direct is instant. I added on last September and made only a down payment. By the time I hung up the phone with the Guide, my points were already in my account. You can make reservations immediately. However, I would do it earlier in the day. If too late, you may need to wait until the next business day to see your points.

Also, they might not have the points at the resort you want, but since your looking at AKV & SSR you have a good chance they will.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!