Buzz Rehab Needed

Wiggle

Are we there yet?
Has anyone heard if or when a rehab for Buzz is scheduled? I was there last week, and it looked SO worn! Walls were chipped and visible dust was all over the upper parts of the walls and the ceilings. The cars were worn and chipped. It really looked un-Disney-like.

I'm inclined to agree with you Wiggle. I noticed some of the things you mentioned this past June. Also, some of the cannons were not functioning properly, making hitting certain targets, especially the ones farthest away that give you the most points, next to impossible. I suspect that probably the main reason Buzz is looking a bit worn is because this attraction, more than any other at the MK, has a very high guest turnover rate. They cycle more guests through that ride per hour than any other. This just augments the "wear" factor that much more.

This has to be one of the better park investments (from a return standpoint) they have made recently. I'm thinking about the ratio of guest amusement in relation to attraction cost. I've never heard figures for what it cost to build, but I'm betting it was a pretty reasonable spend given the traffic and general appeal it has.

The project concept and the technology had been sitting there for years and probably should have gotten the greenlight much earlier. I'm also surprised they have not cloned this one yet. Unless of course I'm wrong about the cost factor.

I do wish they had built MIB instead. It is clearly the E ticket in this ride category and wins the WOW award, but Buzz was probably a good investment. Does seems silly to let this one show wear and tear so soon.

I was last at Disney Sept 22-29 and noticed Buzz looking pretty rough. Also, over the past year my scoring ability has gone way down. We all know to score high one must see the beam and more often than not you can't see a darn thing. Very frustrating. The cannons definately need recharging.

We've had a hard time getting the laser guns to work, too. The "dashboards" are so worn down that they look disgusting. You seriously wonder if you should be touching the stuff because they look so dirty. It's a real sad decline.

I saw the same thing in August.

Buzz started to look like a colorful Haunted Mansion!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter