BW Harbor Club or Camp Dolphin?

Bedknobs/Broomsticks

Earning My Ears
We'll be staying at the Swan next week and we have scheduled Wed. 10/30 as a night at PI for DH and myself. DD8 and DS5 are excited about the concept of a kid's club. I'm wondering which one to choose.

I called the Harbor Club last night and I could hear a whiny/angry boy in the backround. The CM sounded stressed out. The price is $10 per hour per kid. Is it worth it?

I still haven't been able to get through to Camp Dolphin but Deb Wills' site says that the price is only $4 per hour per kid. That's a heck of a difference. Can anyone confirm that price?

Sharon

I don't know about the Swan as we have not stayed there, but I'd suggest thinking about the Sandcastle Club at the BC resort. My 9 and 6 year old had a great time there. The CMs were very patient and friendly and the room is much larger than the Harbor Club. We stayed at BWI but used Sandcastle based on recommendations from fellow DISers. I don't recall the price being $10 per hour, thought it was $8 but maybe it's gone up. My kids had dinner in the club as part of the cost.

My kids have stayed at a couple of the clubs, including the sandcastle. I wasn't too thrilled by the CM's there, but my kids enjoyed it. We all LOVED Simba's club at AKL. This time we are putting them into the Harbor Club. I would also like to know about the Swan club. That is a HUGE price difference. I really am not too happy about the price increase at the WDW clubs. I have read several posts where people are switching to the Fairy Godmother service.

I finally got through to Camp Dolphin and I was wrong (very wrong) about the cost. It's turns out that Camp Dolphin, like BW's Harbor Club, costs $10 per hour per kid. It is open from 5:30pm until 12 midnight and the CM told me that dinner, a trip to the arcade, and all the activites are included.

DH and I were planning to go to Portabello for dinner and then on to PI to catch the Adventurer's Club. With transportation, that would probably take close to 4 hours. However, since we have 2 kids, it would cost $80 for the child care alone!:eek:

Maybe next time, we'll take Grandmom along.:rolleyes:

Sharon

Hey Sharon,

That is pricey your right. But don't give up on your night out, just go for a shorter time and close by. DH and I left our kids for just 2 hours at Sandcastle while we ate dinner at Morrocco and watched the TOD parade. We strolled thru France too. Epcot is only a 5 min. walk from the BC. Just do dinner at one of the first couple of countries by the Int. Gateway. It is nice to get away from the kids for even a short time. Be sure to find out what time they do dinner in the club, I think we were in at 6:00.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter