BWV bus to DTD vs driving

crusader

calls the faithful to their knees
We are debating on whether to use disney transportation for a trip from the BWV to DTD.

Is this bus shared by other Epcot resorts and if so, how much travel time should we allow for this?

For example: "if I catch the bus at noon, when will it drop me off at DTD" and "if I catch the bus at 4pm DTD, when will it drop me off at BWV"

What other stops will the bus be making?

Since we may only have an afternoon for this (say from 12 to 4) we would like to minimize our commute time as much as possible -and have yet to decide on renting a car.

Can't answer your time questions specifically. Can say that we have taken the bus between the BWV and DD and I don't remember it taking an unreasonable amount of time or that the bus was crowded. BWV/BWI does share buses with BC,YC, Swan & Dolphin. BWV/BWI is the last stop before DD. On the way back, we always get off at the Swan bus stop. It's just a 5 minute walk back to the BWV and quicker than riding all the way to the BWV (You stop at Dolphin, YC, and BC before getting to BWV/BWI stop).

If you can't see yourself taking the bus and if the only reason you are considering a car is the trip to DD, I'd recommend you consider a cab instead. One way BWV-DD is about $12-$15, including tip. It's a lot cheaper than a one day car rental.

During the daytime, busses service Downtown Disney approx every 15 minutes. During peak night hours, frequency may increase.

Also during peak nighttime hours, the Boardwalk separates from the rest of the Epcot Resorts, and has its own bus. However, during afternoon hours, all five resorts share one bus.

The bus will make two stops... Marketplace, and Pleasure Island.

Depending on traffic it's probably only a 12 minute ride from the Boardwalk to the Marketplace.

Thank you both.

When would the schedule typically switch to evening on a Saturday in early November?

Also is there a set time when the busses are refueling and not available for transporting guests to the BWV?

I remember this happening once to us at the Magic Kingdom years ago - (we were staying at a different resort back then). The busses kept arriving to drop off guests and would just leave without picking anyone up. This went on for quite a while.

Originally posted by crusader
Thank you both.

When would the schedule typically switch to evening on a Saturday in early November?

Also is there a set time when the busses are refueling and not available for transporting guests to the BWV?

It's usally separated from 6pm-11pm.

As for refueling, this happens every night, when the busses are mechanically inspected, cleaned, washed (inside and out), waxed, and fully detailed.

Our busses have 125 gallon fuel tanks... and can travel 750-1500 miles between fueling, depending on the particular engine. Our busses travel an average of 275mi per day, so fueling is never an issue. :)

Thanks Chip 'n Dale Express as always. I hope you'll be around in late Oct. when we all arrive for Halloween!!

Anyway, if refueling isn't an issue - why were we fed that line when all the busses kept passing us by?

I've never heard anyone say anything like that, so I can't really tell you. What time of day was it? I know around 11am-noon, they take a bunch of busses out of service... but that's just because things slow down dramatically, and we don't need them.

It was around noon. We were waiting outside the Magic Kingdom and weren't allowed to board any of the busses as they arrived. We stood by helplessly and watched bus after bus drive by. The story we were told was that the busses were refueling. It took a really long time for us to finally get picked up.

This happened a few years ago but its something I've always remembered.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter