BWV or VWL

Where would you stay?

• BoardWalk Villas, 2 Bedroom Standard View, 120 Points

• Villas at Wilderness Lodge, 2 Bedroom Dedicated, 136 Points

Results are only viewable after voting.

CaliforniaDreaming

#1 Grand Floridian Fan/Expert
Well, I still can't decide. Here the story goes, lol. I had booked a BWV 2BR Standard View for 4 nights, then have 2 weekend nights to play around with, and then BWV 2BR Standard View for the last 5 nights. I've changed the last 5 to BCV 2BR, and booked the 2 nights weekend at the Swan. What I still can't decide is whether we should keep the BWV (I did, afterall, call day by day to get that standard view!) or else switch to VWL.

Here are some ideas that keep floating around in my head:
  • Our last 2 trips we stayed at the BWV
  • We did stay at VWL once before
  • We are trying BCV (and the Swan) for the first time this trip
  • I love the location of BWV since you can walk to both Epcot and MGM
  • VWL is close to the MK, which we love
  • VWL will be 16 extra points (which we do have available)
  • we've always had a boardwalk view at BWV
  • at VWL, we would have 2 queens in the second bedroom, which is really nice (I probably wouldn't stay at VWL if I couldn't get a dedicated unit)

But, it is just so hard to decide! Thanks for any and all suggestions!

I'm a die hard "don't want to stay anywhere else but BWV" DVC member. That said, I'd say go with VWL. You're already spending 7 nights in the EPCOT area, so why not spend the first few in the MK area? I'm assuming it's not too late to switch. As far as the SV goes, it is a very good bargain, and I'm sure you'd be happy with it. But sometimes, it just isn't about "getting the best bargain", is it?

Best wishes -

You are right, it isn't always about getting the best bargain. But, the best bargain is at our "home" which makes it a little tougher. And, I know whatever decision I make, I'm gonna think I should have made the other one, lol. We still have 6+ months till we go, so plenty of time. I guess I'll ponder about this a little more.

Would love to hear more opinions! ;)

Tough question. I never thought I would like VWL but was pleasantly surprised earlier this year. Since you will be in the Epcot area with BCV, I would go with VWL. Also the 2 beds in the dedicated is a plus.

I am also a BWV diehard. But agree that since you will already be spending time in the area, VWL would be a nice change of scenery and convenient to MK. Either way, you'll be Home.

wow, yesterday the poll was all for BWV, and today VWL has a nice lead. I'll give myself until the end of the week to think about it - as much as I want to go to VWL I think I'm going to miss BWV - especially since we'll probably have a view of the BWV from the Swan, lol. argh, atleast we love DVC resorts enough to have these hard decisions to make! ;)

I think for change of location, you should go with VWL. Since you'll be in the Epcot Resort area for much of the trip already, give yourself the benefits of a different location for another portion of your trip. :sunny:

ditto for all the other replies.. its nice to get to the mk by boat for a change instead of fighting with the crowds at the bus stops definitely take advantage of it.

do you have small children? then i vote switch to VWL, easier access to MK, and cool stuff to do at FW.

I'd go with VWL. On our trip in January we have three days at the lodge and 5 days at BWV. I plan to go to the Magic Kingdom while at the lodge and Epcot and MGM while at BWV.

I like many of the others have voted for VWL. I personally like a change of locale and since you are already spending so much time in the Epcot area the VWL/MK area might be a refreshing change. We are actually breaking our string of BWV stays this coming January and giving the VWL a try. I'm looking forward to the change of locale, but I also know I'm going to miss BWV. ::MinnieMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter