C|Net: "Snow White" DVD may be glitchy with XP

Customers are unhappy. "I am a little bit disgusted that the consumers are made to fuss over this," Tom Frye, a Sacramento, Calif., resident, told CNET News.com. When Frye tried to play the movie, he received a message that read "Out of Virtual Memory" instead. "It looks to me like Disney hurried to get this on the market. For Microsoft, I didn't find anybody that was willing to listen to my problem."

OK, here we have a dvd in which Disney tried to take a new approach to navigation menus by including the mirror as a narrator, in which Disney tried to restore the colors to more like the original than the previous laser disc release (including getting approval from surviving animators of the original project), and that includes a second disc of bonus material that is generally regarded as extensive, and this jerk decides that Disney hurried to get it to market because a patch isn't out quite yet for an operating system that wasn't released when the DVD went to market. Geesh. Buy a freaking dvd player.

DR

I've been working extensivly With WindowsXP Home, and XP Pro for the past Month and a half, just like every other OS they've ever written, give them a chance to release the Service pack. This is not Disney's fault.
Microsoft tends to release buggy products.

At the same time, it and Win2K before it are some of the best Microsoft OS ever released.

I've killed MAC OS too, so don't be too proud. :)

Seriously I've bluescreened MACs all the time. They have just as many bugs, its just nobody talks about them.

But I don't want to start a Holy war. Just pointing out :D

It also works fine on the Copy of XP I bought today, Had some trouble in Windows ME.:smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter