CA Governor Newsom impact on DLR

I just heard on the radio that MLS has suspended their season for 30 days, another UT Jazz player has tested positive for COVID-19.

Iger says the US parks will remain open.... I wonder if Anaheim passing this ordinance was partly in response to that- you say you won’t close, so we’ll make you. Very interested to see how this all shakes out. The entire situation completely sucks.

Last edited:
I just heard on the radio that MLS has cancelled the rest of their season and another UT Jazz player has tested positive for COVID-19.

Iger says the US parks will remain open.... I wonder if Anaheim passing this ordinance was partly in response to that- you say you won’t close, so we’ll make you. Very interested to see how this all shakes out. The entire situation completely sucks.
Anaheim said this was in response to the Governor's recommendations (NB not mandate), not in response to Disney.

Just a reminder for everyone participating in this thread: This is understandably a sensitive and stressful topic for many people, so let's all try to keep our posts calm and level headed. None of us like uncertainty, and we all want more information. But it's important to try to be as accurate as possible and not to go to extremes. Some people need very little to start to panic, and we really don't want to start that.
For those of you who are trying hard to post with common sense and clear heads, trying to stay positive while being realistic, thank you.

And please don't post articles from any website that gets ******* out when you try to link it here. Those websites have been banned on the DIS.

I’m at work right now. We had a training. 20 of us were supposed to go. But they only let 10 go to prevent a large amount of people in the small room. They cited the virus are the reason for this.

It will be interesting to see what happens. I doubt they will close unless they are forced to do so. They are a business after all and that would be a lot of lost revenue if they closed the parks... I’m sure the loss of income from people who are canceling trips is stressing out the bean counters enough as it is!

It will be interesting to see what happens. I doubt they will close unless they are forced to do so. They are a business after all and that would be a lot of lost revenue if they closed the parks... I’m sure the loss of income from people who are canceling trips is stressing out the bean counters enough as it is!

Believe it or not, they'd probably be better off just closing and letting people reschedule their trips. Instead, people will just cancel not not rebook.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter