Cab service from WDW to USF??

diznee25

Disney all the time
My fiance' and I are planning a two week vacation at WDW and are staying at the Grand Floridian. We'd like to visit Universal Studios Florida for a day. Since we won't have a rental car or any other form of transportation, can someone tell me how much a cab fare is from WDW to USF? Thanks in advance!

Diznee25
WDW Christmas Bride Dec. 2003

Hi

Sorry, can't help you with the cab fare, but we are going to AS movies in September, and as we don't have a rental car, are planning to use Mears to get from the resort to Universal.
I have enquired before about the cost and have been told it is around $12-13 per person round trip. I think you can call Mears when you are there to arrange times and as far as I know you call them 1 hour before you want picked up.
Hopefully this will work out ok for us as we've never used them before, but it is the most economical way for 2 people to travel. (Towncars look nice and comfortable, but are too expensive when there's only 2 people.)

Hope this helps and enjoy your holiday

Maria

Hi Diznee25,

The last two times we stayed at ASMo in Disney, we have used the same taxi firm, and I think (memory is the first thing that goes at my age! lol ) the fare was set at $40-$45 to Universal and Sea World and $60 to Florida Mall. With 3 of us , it works out reasonable, and can travel in the comfort of a taxi and arrange to be picked up at any time that is convenient...but as Maria says, it may not be so cost effective with 2 people. We found the company on a recommendation, and use it every time we go offsite now, and actually always ask for the same driver, who I think has adopted us in his family by now!! Very friendly and reliable.

If you would like, I can give you the number/name of the firm (providing I can find his card!).

Hope this helps, and have a great time

Paul

PS and no...we're not being given commission! lol

You might check on a one day car rental. I booked two one-way rentals, one to get from the airport to WDW and a second to return to the airport at the end of the trip. There were just two of us, so I rented an economy car (about $30/day) at the airport, drove to the resort, then dropped the car off at Dollar's desk at the Courtyard by Marriot near Downtown Disney within 24 hours of picking it up. The desk is staffed from 8:30am to 4:30 om and during those hours, they will drive you back to your resort. If you drop off the car during non-staffed times, just walk the 3-4 blocks to Downtown Disney and catch your resort bus. With just 2 of us, it cost less than a towncar or a taxi, and gave us more flexibility than mears (waiting for shuttle, not knowing how many hotels they would stop at before our stop, etc). It might work better for you to go to Universal (although I don't know if Universal charges for parking).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter