Cafe Orleans Menu Changes

In the Halloween thread, another user said they were only offered the "cooked to medium only" option with a regular reservation (not Fantasmic) for the steak and potatoes. They didn't get it (they wanted it well done) so no additional information regarding how it would have come out, but sounds like it would have been the presliced, precooked roast beef and not the actual steak others have gotten with regular reservations (not Fantasmic).

Now I'm just really confused what this dish is and what triggers being able to get real steak for it.

Sorry to bump this back up, but thought it worth noting that there still seems to be no consistency with this particular menu item.

My DD8 got the "steak." It is definitely roast beef and is presliced. The table behind us got the adult order and it was the same type of meat.

My DD8 got the "steak." It is definitely roast beef and is presliced. The table behind us got the adult order and it was the same type of meat.

Yeah, I was confused on why they had to basically lie on their menu and call it steak. Shredded roast beef is NOT steak. CO should just put roast beef and call it good. My meal was a rip off anyways, mine as well call the meat what it is so expectations are low and accurate.

Yeah, I was confused on why they had to basically lie on their menu and call it steak. Shredded roast beef is NOT steak. CO should just put roast beef and call it good. My meal was a rip off anyways, mine as well call the meat what it is so expectations are low and accurate.

Except someone did report getting actual steak cooked how they wanted it in this thread. This is my confusion that there are apparently two versions coming out of the kitchen at CO. It seemed at first it was because of it being a Fantasmic meal versus regular reservation, but now that theory has had a hole poked in it :confused3

Except someone did report getting actual steak cooked how they wanted it in this thread. This is my confusion that there are apparently two versions coming out of the kitchen at CO. It seemed at first it was because of it being a Fantasmic meal versus regular reservation, but now that theory has had a hole poked in it :confused3

Sorry, I should have mentioned the menu I ordered off was the F! Menu, not the regular menu. The regular menu people got a real steak (I saw several of them)

Sorry, I should have mentioned the menu I ordered off was the F! Menu, not the regular menu. The regular menu people got a real steak (I saw several of them)

I know. Your experience is the one I have been tying to Fantasmic meal ordering.

There is a person in this thread who posted that they ordered off the regular menu and got steak (real, not what you got).

The person I was referring to that was ordering off the regular, not Fantasmic menu posted in the Halloween thread and stated that they did not order because it was described as only coming prepared medium. Can't confirm it was the roast beef monstrosity, but "only being prepared medium" makes it not a far leap to guess it was the roast beef.

The other user who got real steak was able to order it cooked to a level they chose. That was a regular menu order. But so would have been the other example I bumped this thread for that was being described as only comes medium.

I know. Your experience is the one I have been tying to Fantasmic meal ordering.

There is a person in this thread who posted that they ordered off the regular menu and got steak (real, not what you got).

The person I was referring to that was ordering off the regular, not Fantasmic menu posted in the Halloween thread and stated that they did not order because it was described as only coming prepared medium. Can't confirm it was the roast beef monstrosity, but "only being prepared medium" makes it not a far leap to guess it was the roast beef.

The other user who got real steak was able to order it cooked to a level they chose. That was a regular menu order. But so would have been the other example I bumped this thread for that was being described as only comes medium.

Ahhh, I see. Well, I definitely saw "real" steaks coming out of the kitchen. No idea he done-ness of them though.

Hope you find a definitive answer!

Ahhh, I see. Well, I definitely saw "real" steaks coming out of the kitchen. No idea he done-ness of them though.

Hope you find a definitive answer!

Me too :(. I guess I'm asking too much to have some consistency at Disney, lol!

The other user a page back in this thread said they were able to order cooked to chosen doneness. Only reason I can see forcing medium (can't be health... I had zero issue getting rare at BB and C33) is precooked. Especially since in the Halloween thread, they wanted it well done.

Oh well. Just so strange.

We were ordering from F! menu, but we did ask if it was steak and what kind of cut. We were told the server didn't know since this was a new menu. He said it is already "precooked to Medium" but we could ask for it to be more well done, just not less. My DD8 was fine with that more because she didn't have many choices on the kids menu, but my DH decided against ordering steak for himself as a result.

I didn't see anyone else with regular steak while we were there- just the one my DD8 got, which was roast beef. But that doesn't mean much, I guess. I think it's pretty cheap to do that for the price we paid. I was kinda peeved with what my DD8 got for that kind of price, and it should not be labeled as "steak." Steak does not equal any kind of beef. But Disney does pretty much whatever, and we will all pay for it anyway, so.... :confused3

We were ordering from F! menu, but we did ask if it was steak and what kind of cut. We were told the server didn't know since this was a new menu. He said it is already "precooked to Medium" but we could ask for it to be more well done, just not less. My DD8 was fine with that more because she didn't have many choices on the kids menu, but my DH decided against ordering steak for himself as a result.

I didn't see anyone else with regular steak while we were there- just the one my DD8 got, which was roast beef. But that doesn't mean much, I guess. I think it's pretty cheap to do that for the price we paid. I was kinda peeved with what my DD8 got for that kind of price, and it should not be labeled as "steak." Steak does not equal any kind of beef. But Disney does pretty much whatever, and we will all pay for it anyway, so.... :confused3

Perhaps if we, the public, started paying with money, Monopoly money, since Disney labels any beef steak, we label Monopoly money, money, they would take notice and either change the label of the meal or change the meat.

The kids menu changed too. We didn't even look last weekend at the kids menu, and we ordered the chicken with spaghetti. After our waitress left, we noticed the changes and asked about it when she returned, because the chicken now came with rice, which our daughter won't eat. She brought her the macaroni instead (which is a much smaller portion that in the past) and told us to not say anything if they still brought out the chicken and rice! :)

The seasonal soup when we were there was both the gumbo and another "seasonal" soup. I was really hoping the other soup would be French onion when we were there, but it wasn't - since we didn't order it, I don't recall what it was.

The seasonal soup is the gumbo. It said "seasonal soup" on the menu when I went in September and the waiter told me the soup is the gumbo. I don't know why they changed the menu.

The seasonal soup when we were there was both the gumbo and another "seasonal" soup. I was really hoping the other soup would be French onion when we were there, but it wasn't - since we didn't order it, I don't recall what it was.

Thanks both!

Yeah, I think the whole roast beef thing is for the F! Dining only. We got the roast beef crap (it was dry and gross), but I saw other tables getting "real" steak.
I can't wrap my head around how they can serve roast beef as steak--did anyone question their server about it?

When we were there just last week (November 17) the only seasonal soup was the gumbo. Neither of us ordered it but I do remember that was it.

When we were there just last week (November 17) the only seasonal soup was the gumbo. Neither of us ordered it but I do remember that was it.

Went there Nov 21st, gumbo was the only choice, it was pretty good but not even close to the French onion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter