Cali Grill Brunch

HappyGrape

DIS Veteran
Would you do it twice on same trip? We have 16 days trip planned with DDP and I am tempted to go both Sundays.

One of the Sundays we have no plans - only brunch and chill out
The other we were hoping to go to HS for 1.5 hours to make use of EMH. This is next Sunday.

It sounds amazing but I am unsure about the day we plan to go to HS first. I will be wearing nice dress in the theme park anyway, and will have the boys dress appropriately

Would you do it twice on same trip? We have 16 days trip planned with DDP and I am tempted to go both Sundays.

The other we were hoping to go to HS for 1.5 hours to make use of EMH. This is next Sunday.

It sounds amazing but I am unsure about the day we plan to go to HS first. I will be wearing nice dress in the theme park anyway, and will have the boys dress appropriately
We only have one Sunday during our trip, but we are also doing HS before Cali Grill brunch. We planned to rope drop HS EMH, and then our brunch reservation is at 12:15. We're also hitting HS the night before (our arrival night) and figured that should allow us to do all we would like to at HS.

We are planning to take a Lyft from HS to the Contemporary to save time, you might consider that.

I am not sure how the Lyft works, we are from Ireland and need to figure out how the app/registration works for us.

I am not sure how the Lyft works, we are from Ireland and need to figure out how the app/registration works for us.
Oh wow, I'm not sure how that would work. We're mostly relying on Lyft/Uber for our transportation in WDW because we don't want to waste a lot of time waiting on buses and monorails.

We just did this brunch last Sunday!

I would not go twice in one trip. It was very fun, but the buffet will not change. As for the entrees, you can order as many as you like on your first visit (our server actually encouraged us to) and they really mean it when they say bottomless mimosas.
So, not much will change between 1st and 2nd visit, except you probably won't value the 2nd as much because the price is the same but the experience won't be new or different. Then again, if you *really* love something on the menu I guess it could be worth it to go twice.

We did it on a "chill out" day and enjoyed it (it's very relaxed, plan at least an hour and a half or longer) so I'd keep that one, and then cancel for the day you wanted to do HS.

what is the tip fro valet service? Sorry, we dont really have much valet service or same tipping culture - I need to inform myself before traveling. And I wonder how long before the ADR should we drive to CG

Lyft is easy to sign up for, just download the app and follow the instructions! I know others from foreign countries successfully used it!

I would not do it twice. It was absolutely worth doing once, but it's an expensive and time consuming process that I don't think is worth repeating within such a short span. Don't get me wrong, my husband & I enjoyed this meal a tremendous amount and agreed it was our best meal of our trip, but I wouldn't want to repeat it within a week. Homecomin' is serving brunch, you could try that for a different type of fare.

Here's an idea: Keep both reservations and then decide after your first meal if you want to do it again.You'll have a nice bit of time to cancel the 2nd reservation if need be.

Other possibilities?
Enzo's Sunday Supper @ DS. Can be quite relaxing to eat there and wander about the grounds and shops before and after. It's only $45.00 per person and you can BYOB. The restaurant participates in theregular and deluxe dining plans but I don't recall how many credits; easy to look up.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2018/...way-tunnel-bar-in-disney-springs/#more-192145

Still want to stick with brunch hours? Give Raglan Road, Maria and Enzo's a try or make your own brunchy type meal at Morimoto Asia.

I absolutely would do it twice in one trip. It is the best meal we've had at Disney, and much better than many others. And as someone else mentioned, you can make two reservations and if you don't want to do it a second time just cancel and eat elsewhere. Hope you have a great trip!

I will be at Disney the first 2 Sunday’s in September. I have Maria and Enzo’s brunch booked for the first one and Cali Grill for the second. Wish some of the places had their brunch menus on Saturday, too!

I would do it twice in one trip if it is in your budget. It is a wonderful meal and fantastic experience. By far the best meal we have had on property (and we love signature meals)!

We have it booked twice for this trip since we are there for two Sundays. We don't have to have the same meal and we still get to enjoy all the great offerings. I can't wait!

Personally, I would not do it twice in the same trip but that’s just because I like to mix it up! Love the idea of brunch both Sundays though ... maybe the new Homecomin’ brunch or Trails End? Trails End might be nice for your “chill out” day because you could explore the barn, campground, rent a canoe, etc. Or explore DS if you try Homecomin. All that said — there are definitely worse things that two CG brunches!! :P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter