California grill ?

Earning My Ears
I made PS for 5:30 in November based on historical hours indicating the park would close at 7. I figured we could eat, and go out and watch Wishes on the patio.

The park hours just came out and it closes at 10 that day. I'm assuming that means Wishes starts that late. I don't particularly want to hang around the Contemporary for 3 hours (might as well go back to MK for 2 hours). Can you eat, leave and come back to use the viewing station? Or should I just give up may idea of seeing Wishes at CG for this trip? (I don't think our kids could wait to eat at 8 or 9).

If you eat at the CG early in the evening, I believe they give you a pass of some kind that will allow you to return later for Wishes. It seemed like there were a lot of people arriving just before Wishes started, and they were going straight out to the observation deck.....

I won't be there until sept but I thought the person at dining said you just show your receipt and you can go up.

Or consider moving your dinner reservation back. We ate there at dusk, and by dessert we saw the fireworks from our table.

We're also planning to watch Wishes while enjoying dinner at the California Grill. We're also going in November, but Wishes is at 7PM the day we'll be there (the 4th). I didn't look at other days, but the hours and the start times for Wishes are posted on www.waltdisneyworld.com for all of November if it helps deciding to change your PS.

For 7PM Wishes, the concierge made our PS at 6PM.

Honestly...the fireworks are so much better from mainstreet in the MK than from the CA Grill. Also...if you are going to CA Grill to pay for an expensive dinner just to see the fireworks..the food is mediocre.

Watch the fireworks from mainstreet and pick a great restuarant for dinner..if you are going to pay for an expensive dinner you might as well get a great meal out of it.

We went to CA Grill in April--we had a great meal and enjoyed watching the fireworks with piped in music in a nice atmosphere. We also did not have a stiff neck from having to look up high in the sky for fireworks and it was nice not having to worry about my 2 little girls and my elderly parents in the crowd of Main St. The food was expensive though. We did do Wishes last Nov on Main St. and felt we had already done it that route. Good luck in your decision. Have a good trip.

Del

There have been many discussions on the quality of the food served at the CG. I have been there at least a dozen times, I love their food! I was hesitant to go there at first because of some bad reviews, but we went and keep going back.

To find parade/Wishes times, I went to www.waltdisneyworld.com, to the calendar, to "Magic Kingdon -November 2004, and then clicked on the date, in my case, the 4th. The daily schedule of parade/Wishes comes up as well as operational updates. If it's November you're looking for go to:

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wd...KCalendarParkHoursMonthlyViewPage&date=112004

and click on the date you're interested in.

I have only heard good things about California Grill and look forward to trying it out :)

Originally posted by Pattymouse
I can't locate the schedule for Wishes in the Disney site. Please help!

Pat

You have to go to the Magic Kingdom schedule for the month you are going and click on the actual date you are looking for. They have parade and fireworks times listed there.

wow, I have PS for CG for 6:20, looks like I am going to see wishes from there, hope I get a window seat, wonder if concierge has any clout. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter