California Thanksgiving Day Guidelines

What is California going to do to enforce that....go door to door that day? Here's my opinion; I feel we all have gone through this for over 7 months; I'm sure the ones hosting Thanksgiving dinner or going to a hosted dinner know what they need to do to be safe. I would hope so anyway. I just feel like the government doesn't need to tell us what to do anymore except keep putting data out there so we can make intelligent decisions on our own. My opinion.
I don’t necessarily disagree with you, but they released it because people keep asking. I can’t tell you the number of posts on community pages asking what people are doing for Halloween. Come Sunday, it’ll be questions about Thanksgiving. It’s not a mandate, it’s what they suggest.

It’s a GUIDELINE. Not a law or mandate. We’re not being locked down.
No need to get uptight about it.
No one is going to enforce it (at least not that I know).
This doesn’t even pertain to those living outside of CA.

I can see why there will be further spread this winter.
Thank you!!! It's a suggestion for people who are too dumb to understand safety protocols. Good grief.

Don't forget to replace your mask while chewing:

"Going out to eat with members of your household this weekend? Don't forget to keep your mask on in between bites.

Do your part to keep those around you healthy. #SlowtheSpreadhttps://t.co/snYe5v55Rw pic.twitter.com/Y4fcDO5Zke"

— Office of the Governor of California (@CAgovernor) October 3, 2020

Like everything else in this pandemic, we all have to decide what's best for our families and our situations.

No one should be judged either way I don't believe. There are far too many variables and unknowns to think one size fits all.

I can tell you we will be doing Halloween and we will have a normal family Thanksgiving. Again, this is what our family has decided and I would never assume your family should follow suit or judge you for not doing so. We are all adults here and understand the risks and necessary precautions.

To me this is no different than deciding to go to Disney or not. We all have to make the best decisions based on our own experiences and situations.

Just my .02 cents.

Smart.....they seem like reasonable guidelines IF you are planning a Thanksgiving gathering.

We don't live in CA, but our family has already discussed our plan and we are NOT gathering for Thanksgiving this year. Covid remains a highly contagious disease with no cure and any potential vaccines somewhere off in the future. You can spread the disease to others even if you have no symptoms, so what you decide to do CAN impact others you may not even know at work, in a store or just out in public.

We decided to stay home and won’t host this year. I’m not comfortable bringing my daughter to visit high risk relatives now that she’s back in school. I have no idea what any other family members are doing. Between Covid and hurricanes, the holidays are not on anyone’s mind right now.

Crazy or smart?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/c...rqV25yS03rQSwAE9qdTdyp3TVVaME&ocid=uxbndlbing
I may understand the need but putting into practice seems somewhat unattainable.

- Only 3 households (including the hosts). That means I couldn't have all three of my kids' families over
- Must be held outdoors
- No longer than 2 hours
- No one allowed in house except for using the bathroom and it must be sanitized frequently

Many more restrictions but those are some that would never work for us.....

MJ

It's stupid. Are they going to send the police out to every household to make sure people are following the guidelines? Glad I don't live in CA.

Crazy. And unenforceable. And counterproductive, because it is likely to provoke so much anger and resentment. There is absolutely no reason why something that was okay last weekend and is okay this weekend should be prohibited on Thanksgiving weekend. Asking people to follow long-standing common-sense guidelines would make a lot more sense than arbitrary one-day limits.

There are only three of us, and we are all working from home and following masking and distancing, so we feel safe enough. It takes at least two of us to prepare the meal, and that prep and cooking takes longer than two hours, so if we had to follow those guidelines, we would probably just skip it altogether.

Yeah not happening. We will celebrate as normal. If my family gets the sniffles, we will stay home. I feel these guidelines are overkill.

Crazy or smart?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/c...rqV25yS03rQSwAE9qdTdyp3TVVaME&ocid=uxbndlbing
I may understand the need but putting into practice seems somewhat unattainable.

- Only 3 households (including the hosts). That means I couldn't have all three of my kids' families over
- Must be held outdoors
- No longer than 2 hours
- No one allowed in house except for using the bathroom and it must be sanitized frequently

Many more restrictions but those are some that would never work for us.....

MJ
Personally, I don't think it's crazy.

Sadly, things are different now. Choices must be made.

I hate that we can't visit with (94 year old) mother in law at her senior facility, and she's not doing well with it (she's very social). But I'd rather not visit than take the risk that I'm going to bring the virus into the facility. Or that someone else brings it in, and I'd then be exposed (I'm a senior, also at risk).

We are currently planning to just celebrate with the people in my house and my mom is welcome to join us if she wants. She has been babysitting some nights anyway so she has been in our house recently.

This is the same knucklehead who won't let Disneyland reopen. I'm mad as heck about that, too. He can go take his fancy coifed hairdo (I wonder who was cutting his hair for several months while he had all of the hair salons shut down?), his stupid theme park guidelines, his totally ridiculous Thanksgiving day guidelines and shove it in a dark place where the sun doesn't shine.

These are not laws, but suggestions. The CA government cannot dictate how you hold gatherings in your home. Police are not going door to door to look inside your home (4th amendment) to make sure no more than 3 families are not present for more than two hours, or that anyone other than your family is in your home, or that you sterilized your bathroom after each use.

It's stupid. Are they going to send the police out to every household to make sure people are following the guidelines? Glad I don't live in CA.
Crazy. And unenforceable. And counterproductive, because it is likely to provoke so much anger and resentment. There is absolutely no reason why something that was okay last weekend and is okay this weekend should be prohibited on Thanksgiving weekend. Asking people to follow long-standing common-sense guidelines would make a lot more sense than arbitrary one-day limits.
Again, they aren't rules, they're guidelines.

It's important to point out these aren't just for Thanksgiving, it's ANY gathering as of 10/9. So nothing is changing and it's not that something was allowed last week and won't be allowed for this.

https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CI...VID-19-Transmission-for-Gatherings-10-09.aspx
ETA: one would hope that asking people to follow long standing common sense guidelines would be enough, but people prove over and over that just isn't the case.

This is the same knucklehead who won't let Disneyland reopen. I'm mad as heck about that, too. He can go take his fancy coifed hairdo (I wonder who was cutting his hair for several months while he had all of the hair salons shut down?), his stupid theme park guidelines, his totally ridiculous Thanksgiving day guidelines and shove it in a dark place where the sun doesn't shine.
I actually agree with you about Disneyland and I think they've gone above and beyond in safety, but having watched his press conferences almost every week for the first months, he wasn't getting his hair cut. What started as overall very level headed guidelines for the state has taken a turn. And while I personally agree with these gathering rules, many of the rules don't make sense to me (like why all personal care places can be open under purple, but gyms/pilates/dance studios can't).

My concern is if we don't start following "guidelines" now at the state level, come early next year they will escalate to legal requirements early next year. Too many people just don't seem to be taking covid-19 seriously.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter