Called guide about Aulani offered VGC

PSUDinsey

Mouseketeer
So I’ve been on the waitlist for VGC for a few months now. I called my guide in Hawaii about adding the 25 Aulani points. He just called back saying my VGC waitlist came through. Weird.

Amazing! I didn't think they had a waitlist. We are strongly considering adding on at VGC as we travel there and Hawaii often, at least yearly. We are still a few years off from being able to get it. With the changes, I'll have to see what the difference between resale and direct will be.

12k for 50 points. It’s just weird how they magically appeared when I was going to buy 25 at Aulani.

Last edited:

12k for 50 points. It’s just weird how they maniacally appeared when I was going to buy 25 at Aulani.

While I agree the coincidence is crazy, I don't think there are ANY VGC points floating around out there. LOL Sounds amazingly fortuitous for you! Lots and lots of folks would love to have those VGC points! LOTS.

Congratulations are obviously in order.

However, I must say... DVD just massively hiked the price on VGC ($185 to $235) and suddenly add-ons are available. Coinkydink or just plain coincidence? Curiouser and curiouser these things are.......

I was thinking about the same thing.

LAX

235! And to think I bought my SSR for 65 a point just over a year ago and could have booked a 1 bed at VGC this summer at 7 months (I checked).

The point chart doesn’t bother me its actually better than the VGF chart the 235 pp is what bothers me. My bad math is showing about a 12 year break even point. That doesn’t account for any thing I might recoup should I sell. I assume if I pass on these points someone is going to grab them in a heartbeat but righ now I am leaning on passing it up.

I would assume that many of the people that were on the waitlist prior to the price increase may have passed on the points once they became available. We had put ourselves on the wait list in November or October for August use year points. When the price increase was announced, we called our guide immediately. She said that it didn't look likely that we'd get them in time. We were 2nd on the list for our use year. We ended up lucking out because she called us the day the price went up and said that the points had come available a couple of days before and since she was unable to call us before they were honoring the price. But if they had not and told us that we needed to pay the $50 per point increase, we would have passed. $185 was already higher than we wanted to pay, but $235 was just crazy for us. I think a lot of people probably felt the same way and passed when they called them from the waitlist.

I can't even imagine paying $12k for 50 points and being considered lucky. I can't even fathom that. I bought 100 points, double loaded, just 6 months ago for a total of $7,000.

I can't even imagine paying $12k for 50 points and being considered lucky. I can't even fathom that. I bought 100 points, double loaded, just 6 months ago for a total of $7,000.
At the Grand? Cause that would be the deal if the century!

Yes, but honestly anywhere! Different deals to different people. To me that is insane and ridiculous to pay. Different strokes
I think they were referring to the second part of your post. 100 points at the Grand for $7,000 would be the deal of the century.

Unless my math is way off or I am missing something, that's $70 per point! And it's VGC? I am surprised DVD let it through ROFR at that price.

LAX

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!