Cambria Hotel Review

DLtorgo

waiting for my next Disney fix
Stayed at Cambria this past week and I really enjoyed the amenities.
Pros-
Brand new and shiny
Large fridge
Great pool, two big waterslides, splash pads, huge hot tub, nightly Disney movie, bar
The pool is the big draw and you can watch fireworks from the hot tub! We could see them from our room
Staff was very friendly
Breakfast buffet was large and tasty-apart from the scrambled eggs, which are bad at every breakfast buffet IMO
Large suites with a door between living and bedroom.
Kurig in the rooms and pods were replenished daily.
Beds were fine
Two showers for getting ready quickly.

Cons-
It's far, 25 min to walk from hotel to gate. We ended up using Lyft after walking a couple times
Road noise. If your room faces the 5 you will hear road noise. We just kept the fan on all night and we're fine, but I know it's an issue for some folks.
Bedroom lighting was a little dark but kids loved the wall flashlights on the bunk beds.
Bathroom door was frosted glass. Don't try to turn on the main bathroom light in the middle of the night without waking up the family.

Overall I would stay again.

Thanks for the post. I was scheduled to check in there on March 14, but with the parks closing and basically everything else, I opted to not go.

Thank you for posting your review! I’ve been very interested in this hotel. Were the pool and waterslides warm? Every time we’ve stayed at Courtyard, both had cold water. Dh actually screamed when he went down the water slide lol.

Thank you for posting your review! I’ve been very interested in this hotel. Were the pool and waterslides warm? Every time we’ve stayed at Courtyard, both had cold water. Dh actually screamed when he went down the water slide lol.

We stayed there at the end of February. The pools and the water slides have very warm water.

We stayed hear in Jan 2020 and we loved it! I loved the huge hot tub and the kids loved the slides and the pool, They were heated and actually warm. Breakfast buffet was great and the rooms spacious. The only con was no drawers to put our clothes. We are a family of 5, We put our clothes in the empty drawers , in the kitchenette.
We are planning to go again in Dec, and the kids want to stay here, the breakfast and the pool area, where a hit!!

I’m thinking about switching our hotel to this one for our summer trip- kid is all about water slides and he’d love this.

Are the restaurants mentioned on the website inside the hotel or next door? Particularly curious about the Starbucks. :)

What's the parking situation? Do they have valet and self parking? Is the lot under the hotel? Fee?

I’m thinking about switching our hotel to this one for our summer trip- kid is all about water slides and he’d love this.

Are the restaurants mentioned on the website inside the hotel or next door? Particularly curious about the Starbucks. :)
The restaurants are separate from hotel. The restaurants are across from the hotel.

Another question... does the ART bus go straight to Disneyland and back? When I put it in on the ART website it mentioned having to do a bus transfer but that doesn’t seem right.

There is a bar/cafe with a minimal (but kid-friendly) menu inside the hotel. The other restaurants are located in the same shopping center. You walk on a sidewalk within the center to access the restaurants and Starbucks.

What's the parking situation? Do they have valet and self parking? Is the lot under the hotel? Fee?

They have both valet plus self parking under the hotel. I believe self is $20 and valet is $25.

Can I ask how much it was per night? Did you get an AP discount or some other discount? Wondering if it is on par with other Harbor Hotels or more like those further out (and cheaper). Thanks! We drove by it in December and I thought I would like to stay there and then couldn't remember the name, ha ha ha :)

Can I ask how much it was per night? Did you get an AP discount or some other discount? Wondering if it is on par with other Harbor Hotels or more like those further out (and cheaper). Thanks! We drove by it in December and I thought I would like to stay there and then couldn't remember the name, ha ha ha :)

We paid $125/night for a standard 2 queen room.

I booked a 2queen suite for $222 in December. I'll keep checking rates, I think they will likely drop throughout the year, given the current economic circumstances. We are staying on Harbor during our 3 park days, but I really wanted somewhere with a nice pool area for our rest and recoup day after we finish up at the parks. Looks like their heated pool will be perfect and I love that it's close to the restaurants at Garden Walk. Fingers crossed that this trip actually happens, we're in for a wild year, but it's nice to have something to look forward to in the middle of all the unkown.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!