Camper query*update-we bought one!

Congrats! I hope you and the family have many years of adventures with it.

I agree with the kids. The bear cub needs some mickey ears. I like so much I am going to look into, seeing about, maybe finding a way to add some to the Jayco "Jay" on the back of ours. :)

Good Luck with furnace. Hope it's an easy fix.

The good thing is that we are in Texas, and it is March, so we are not that likely to need the furnace for another season haha. Our upcoming 2-day trip is on the 22nd and the lows may dip into the 50s but it is more likely we will hover in the 60s.

@himandher818, yes- your Jay needs some ears too! I am going to have my hubby make them custom so they fit with the tilt on the cub's head, and then send the file to my sister to print the vinyl. I don't have a machine, but I have a graphic designer hubby.

Fuses could be an issue too. Don't know all that you've looked at, Michelle, but I hope it turns out to be a small issue for you!

Looks like the PO installed a second switch, so there is a switch to nothing, one for the hot water heater and one for the blower. We went through some fuses and nothing seemed to help, so a blower may be in the future.

We had a huge storm last night and it stayed snug and dry! I was a bit worried because the PO said they had a terrible storm and it leaked a little around the seals after he replaced them. I think they did not have the back shut tight enough because that seal is no joke. Very happy with our newbie. Look for some updates to come!

Lol, check where that switch to nothing goes. The water heater is for? Ellectric or gas? The switch could be the water pump or an electric water heater? Take some pictures!!!! Lol. I need to know now! A switch has to do something!

So, front switch does nothing, second is hot water and third (po upgrade) is for the furnace. uh...sorry, the image loaded sideways:
TOP does nothing
Middle is water heater
Bottom is the POs furnace switch.
IMG_5876.JPG

It is a pretty outdated interior but I really don't want to paint cabinets again, so we are going to update the flooring to a grey vinyl and cover the seats and remove the valances and see how that updates things. We need function over form right now, so we are building a container for the sewer hoses under the camper so we can free up the front storage area for a grill and the chairs which are in the cabinet right now.

IMG_5877.JPG

I hate switches to nowhere! Where are they located? Could be a bathroom fan in the vent? Outside light? Power awning? Water pump?
I like the wood in it , especially since the walls are white. Put some leds bulbs in the fixtures, it will brighten it up a bit. Looks good , even sideways. Just dont level it like that! Lol

Michelle,

My old camper had switches that look just like the middle one and the one on the bottom of the photo. Both worked the water heater. The middle one turned on the gas burner for the water heater and bottom one in the pic that looks like a house switch with a light turned on the electric element in the water heater. The upper switch (that doesn't do anything) looks like an original RV switch. I wonder if that broke and they installed the house looking switch.

j

We think we figured out the switches. If that first one really does not do anything, we may take it out...or it would be super neat to install a light that goes to something cool...hmmm.

PS - we had 3 kids and used our old canvas popup for 10 years. Once kids started in college and leaving the nest, I traded it in for the Aliner I have now.

1) Ah, yes.
2) I remember the Canvas Pop-Up, and seeing your kids the year before the Aliner.
3) One of these days, will hve to stop by and se the hard-shell.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!