Camper query*update-we bought one!

Enjoy the new rig! Also on propane, the exhaust is not on the inside so unless you smell it, it is safe to run really. Space heaters are great to save propane on long trips, but if you boondock you need to check and trust the furnace to work as it will need to be your heat source.

Enjoy the new rig! Also on propane, the exhaust is not on the inside so unless you smell it, it is safe to run really. Space heaters are great to save propane on long trips, but if you boondock you need to check and trust the furnace to work as it will need to be your heat source.

we turned the furnace on last night and it emitted a strange ozone/metallic smell so we decided to leave it off until we did more checking. I know it has not been turned on in months so it may have just been from that.

we turned the furnace on last night and it emitted a strange ozone/metallic smell so we decided to leave it off until we did more checking. I know it has not been turned on in months so it may have just been from that.

Welcome to an RV, the furnace always stinks the first time running, dust, bugs, etc from sitting all season, it burns off. if you get into any cold weather camping, dont rely on electric heaters solely, the furnace is designed to keep the plumbing warm

That ozone metallic smell is common for first use after a while and should clear out quickly. If you go out by the furnace exhaust you'll easily get to know that smell.

Just to round it out, I'll be the third to echo what has been said - the burn off is incredibly common. Given the fact that we only use the furnace a couple of times a year, it smells like that every time we fire it up. It doesn't last long. Nothing to fear. Make sure you have working CO2 and smoke detectors and you should be fine!

Ill ecco the co meter and smoke detecter. Some of the propane meters also detect co. Make sure. For 40 or so bucks you can get a dual co /smoke combo woth 10 year batter that will last less then 10 uears, lol. If not they might still sell the battery powered ones for less.

Congrats!! Looks great! My boys always hate smell when heat in first time in awhile. Very cool!!

We had a co2 but unsure of how old the batteries were, so we opted for a space heater- it was only 52 so we just needed to knock the chill down.
We will play with the furnace and get adjusted to it!

we had a cold front come in and it is 30-40 mile per hour gusts, so we have not left yet!

Sometimes there is a switch on the blower or near it to turn it on. Additionally check to see if the thermostat has an on off switch. Otherwise new blower is in the future for you!

Sometimes there is a switch on the blower or near it to turn it on. Additionally check to see if the thermostat has an on off switch. Otherwise new blower is in the future for you!

Fuses could be an issue too. Don't know all that you've looked at, Michelle, but I hope it turns out to be a small issue for you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!