Campgrounds to stay at on way to Disney

HodgesMom3

Earning My Ears
We are traveling on September 29 for an arrival at Fort Wilderness on September 30. Does anyone have suggestions on where to stay traveling from NC to FL?

We are traveling on September 29 for an arrival at Fort Wilderness on September 30. Does anyone have suggestions on where to stay traveling from NC to FL?

What time of day are you leaving NC, HodgesMom3?

It makes a difference if you have 4 hours driving time that first day or 8 hours. Let us know and that will give us an idea where you will be when it's time to stop for the night.

Bama Ed

What time of day are you leaving NC, HodgesMom3?

It makes a difference if you have 4 hours driving time that first day or 8 hours. Let us know and that will give us an idea where you will be when it's time to stop for the night.

Bama Ed
We will hopefully be leaving early that morning with at least 8 hours driving if not more. We were debating on staying close to Savannah or if we need to go further.

We travel from SC and stay at a KOA in Kingsland Ga. It is right off I 95 but far away enough to be quiet. Fuel and food not too far away. Easy on to I 95 and about 3 1/2 hours from FWCG.

We travel from SC and stay at a KOA in Kingsland Ga. It is right off I 95 but far away enough to be quiet. Fuel and food not too far away. Easy on to I 95 and about 3 1/2 hours from FWCG.
Thank you! I will check that one out!

I have stayed at Jacksonville North KOA twice now (less than 1 mile from FL border just off I-95)… St. Mary's KOA I think they call it....easy pull through without having to unhook for the night...

I have stayed at Jacksonville North KOA twice now (less than 1 mile from FL border just off I-95)… St. Mary's KOA I think they call it....easy pull through without having to unhook for the night...
Thank you! I will look that one up!

Anyone stay at the Jacksonville North KOA in the last year? The reviews all look good up until 2017 seems like the campground is going downhill

Anyone stay at the Jacksonville North KOA in the last year? The reviews all look good up until 2017 seems like the campground is going downhill

We stayed there last September on our ill fated, tossed from FWCG by Irene trip. Looked fine to me but we pulled in, had dinner, crashed and left the next morning so amenities didn't mean much to us. It is very easy to get in and out of and has large sites.

I stayed last month, but it was literally pull in at 8 PM, hook up water/electric, and go to sleep...get up next morning and out by 8....was very good as a stop over for the night....as a place to stay for more than that, I cannot comment...both my times there were quick overnights....

We sayed there last October (and will again tomorrow). They had experienced quite a bt of damage from the hurricane in the form of downed trees/brances, and some surface water. But they were working very hard to clean up. Same nice people, good pull-throughs, clean facilities; your basic KOA.

We sayed there last October (and will again tomorrow). They had experienced quite a bt of damage from the hurricane in the form of downed trees/brances, and some surface water. But they were working very hard to clean up. Same nice people, good pull-throughs, clean facilities; your basic KOA.
Ours will be just an overnight stay as well. Just really want a nice campground to stay at on the long trip down cause it’s a tiring drive with 3 kids who can’t get along on a 20 minute trip much less one over 10 hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!