Camping in Davenport, Florida?

jsmla

DIS Veteran
We have a large group of friends from overseas renting two houses in Hampton Lakes subdivision (Davenport, FL) for two weeks October/November 2019. Currently we have a spot booked at Ft Wilderness for the whole time but I'm thinking we might prefer to spend one of those weeks nearer our friends. Ft Wilderness is pretty pricey and we'll be spending part of our time away from the Disney parks visiting Universal, the beach, etc.

Can anyone recommend a campground in/near Davenport? We have a 27 ft 5th wheel travel trailer and will have a small dog with us.

Thanks!

We've stayed at Lake Magic RV many times. It's not super fancy but it's decent and inexpensive. We've also stayed at Orlando RV Resort several times which we liked but it's a bit farther away and Outdoor Resorts Orlando which might be the nicest but doesn't have a hot tub.

All 3 often have specials, depending on when you are going, you can get a good discount by getting a Passport America membership. If you are considering staying for 2 weeks, the cheapest option is probably to go to Orlando RV Resort and get a Thousand Trails South membership. I think it's about $600 and this will give you 1 year of up to 14 weeks free camping followed by 7 days off their resorts (i.e. you can go to Orlando RV Resort for up to 2 weeks and then stay off their resorts for 7 days and then go back to Orlando RV resort or any of the other resorts in their network for free). (Actually *free* might be $4/day).

There are quite a few campgrounds in the general area but I believe those 3 are the closest. If you prefer "real campgrounds", Lake Louisa State Park is not too far north and I believe it's quite cheap (around $25-30/night) but I've never stayed there.

I can't recommend by experience, but I do live in the area so I know of a few. There is a KOA in Haines City (right at the overpass of 27 and I-4, about 5-10 minutes from Davenport) and Cypress Gardens RV Park in Winter Haven (right down the road from Legoland, about 15-20 minutes from Davenport). There are a few others, just not sure if they have nightly spots available, a lot of the RV parks in Davenport are more like permanent RV parks for Winter Visitors. Here are a few: Davenport RV Resort, Kissimmee South, Oak Harbor and Central Park RV.

Hi! We actually spend winters in Davenport at deer creek rv resort in Davenport. Just off I4 on 27 (exit 55). Google Maps shows it as 15 min up 27 to Hampton lakes. At that same exit you also have a KOA and Theme World campgrounds. There is also a thousand trails park closer to your friends. Also, an older place almost across 27 from your friends called Florida Camp Inn. Feel free to msg me if I can be of further help. PS: from exit 55 we're only 20 min from wdw!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!