can adults order kids meals?

jann1033

<font color=darkcoral>Right now I'm an inch of nat
I figure at counter service who can tell but is there an age limit for kids meals at sit down.i'm dieting so thought this might be a solution to the usual" more than i want" food.
Thanks

You can, but chicken fingers and mac and cheese isn't exactly diet food. Instead, most restaurants will allow you to order a half portion of many of the adult meals, giving you a wider variety of generally healthier choices.

Please remember to tip your server as if you had gotten a full priced meal though--they work as hard for a half priced meal or kids meal as they do a full priced one!

Anne

Yes you can order from kids' meals at the counter service places. They mostly have burgers, chicken fingers and corn dogs and you can get carrots instead of fries. There are a few healthier options with the adult meals.

Originally posted by ducklite
You can, but chicken fingers and mac and cheese isn't exactly diet food. Instead, most restaurants will allow you to order a half portion of many of the adult meals, giving you a wider variety of generally healthier choices.

Please remember to tip your server as if you had gotten a full priced meal though--they work as hard for a half priced meal or kids meal as they do a full priced one!

Anne

that is a great idea. I didn't know you could do that. do you know if there is a price difference( tween 1/2 and whole I mean). has any one actually done this and is it just ok at some places. we were going to use the lunch vouchers for some places which basically would be the same as my husband and I were going to share. has any one ever gotten a sharing charge doing that by the way ( his question) I think he is trying to find a reason not to. on one hand he knows he doesn't need all that food but also knows I will seafood him to death( he's more steak and hamburger )!
Thanks for a very good idea, much better than mac and cheese!

I did this at the Garden Grill. I am allergic to seafood and so I asked if I could have the kids meal. The waitress said absolutely, but she charged me the adult price! That was fine with me, but just beware that at sit down meals, they will still charge you the adult price!

Garden Grill is a character meal, and that's the reason you were charged full price. This is standard policy -- you always pay full price at character meals regardless of what you actually eat. Otherwise ...

Another option at Garden Grill is to simply tell your server "Please don't bring the catfish" (or whatever you find objectionable).

Originally posted by jann1033
that is a great idea. I didn't know you could do that. do you know if there is a price difference( tween 1/2 and whole I mean). has any one actually done this and is it just ok at some places. we were going to use the lunch vouchers for some places which basically would be the same as my husband and I were going to share. has any one ever gotten a sharing charge doing that by the way ( his question) I think he is trying to find a reason not to. on one hand he knows he doesn't need all that food but also knows I will seafood him to death( he's more steak and hamburger )!
Thanks for a very good idea, much better than mac and cheese!

I don't know how it would work with vouchers, we haven't used them.

But we have been able to get half portions on some meals in the apst for DS when he was a "Tweener". (Now he eats more than I do!) Some I recall for sure--at the YSH a single pork chop, at Palio a half chicken parm, at CG he got a half of something. I'm sure there were other palces as well.

At each we were charged either half price or half plus a few dollars, it varied place to place. The only palce I am aware of a sharing charge is Shula's, but again, not sure how it would work with vouchers.

Anne

Wow! This is fantastic to know! On our last trip to WDW, I probably threw away $100 worth of food. I've been on Weight Watchers since last November and never thought to ask if I could have a half portion! I'll definitely be asking that at several restaurants on our January trip. The money isn't the issue for me -- it's trying to avoid eating everything on my plate!

THANKS!

Originally posted by married@wdw
Wow! This is fantastic to know! On our last trip to WDW, I probably threw away $100 worth of food. I've been on Weight Watchers since last November and never thought to ask if I could have a half portion! I'll definitely be asking that at several restaurants on our January trip. The money isn't the issue for me -- it's trying to avoid eating everything on my plate!

THANKS!
exactly! as a"clean your plate" kid it is much harder to leave it when you can't take it home, if only for the dogs! plus the price reduction incentive doesn't hurt either!

It's terrific to know I can get 1/2 an order. I knew I could split an adult meal, but since Dh and I seldom can agree on what to get that doesn't often work. I'll definitely be trying this on our next trip! Thanks for the tip and for the reviews.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter