Can any Sacramento DISers help me!!!

wdwendyd

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
I also posted this on the Disney Cruise Line Forum but am desperate!
I can't believe it but I am in a position where I have to ask strangers to help me. I hope maybe someone in my DIS family might be willing to help.
Here is the situation. My family and I are going on the Disney Wonder cruise in November. I sent for my birth certificate at least 2 months ago. About a week ago I heard from L. A. County that because my last name was changed when I was 11, my records were sent to Sacramento. I called Sacramento vital records and finally got the information that it will take at least 12 weeks to get my birth certificate! :( The good news is that if someone goes in and requests it in person, they can send it to me in 1-3 days. (Go figure!)
If someone lives or works near the California State Vital Records Office at 304 'S' Street, Sacramento, CA 95814, (916) 445-1719, I could send you a cashier's check for the correct amount made out to the correct department, my application with all my info, plus a tip of $15.00.
I would really appreciate any help with this as I don't want my family to go on the cruise without me! (well, I guess they could but would they have any fun without me? Okay, don't answer that!) ;)
If anyone would be willing to talk to me about this, you can post a reply, send me a private message, or write to me at wdwendyd@yahoo.com. Thanks!

You might want to check, but I would be really surprised if they allowed a total stranger to go in and request a birth certificate for someone else. Being able to get someone elses birth certificate is a good first step for identity theft.

You may need to provide some legal documentation for the person making the request that shows they are acting on your behalf.

I did ask specifically if I had to come in and they said no. It could be a relative or a friend as long as they have the form with the required information filled out. The person would turn in the form for me and then California would mail me the certificate.

Well, I callled to double-check on things and now they say they can't do it the way they told me before and gave me a name of a courier service that does this sort of thing regularly. I wish they had told me this before but I'm just glad this is getting resolved!
Thank you again for your help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter