• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can anyone in NY help me with something....

DjdBrit

DIS Veteran
I am trying to end a family battle.... when are the kids off school in NY (LI prefered) for "spring break" or April?

I am a few hours away from LI and most kids here have had Spring Break this week or last.

This isn't a question about theme parks attractions and strategies, so I've moved it to the Theme Parks Community board. :)

Hi,
I live in the bronx and our kids were off last week and just went back to school this past wednesday.

Jen

most schools publish their calendars on websites. If you are wondering about a specific school, you could look at it there.
In western NY, most schools are off the 18th-21st.

Our schools were off all last week, and the kids went back to school Monday, April 5th. I am on Long Island.

albany capital region has been this week. in general, we have the week following easter sunday

The Easter/Spring break around here on LI is typically dependent on when Passover falls.

Typically LI schools are off Thurs and Fri before Easter and then the week following Easter. This year the schools were closed the week before Easter and then the Monday and Tuesday following Easter although some schools lost the Tuesday due to too many snow days this year. There are occasions when Passover and Easter are separated by a couple of weeks and the spring break is split. Thurs/Fri before Easter and then a couple of week later the week of Passover. The next time this will occur is in about 3/4 years or so I think.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter