Can I leave car at resort after ADR?

Taylor'sMom

Wish I was there...
Hi all. Since there have been changes to parking since our last trip, and this will also be our first trip staying off-site, I figured I should ask.

We have a morning ADR at 'Ohana.

1. We are staying off-site. Do we have to pay to park at the Poly for an ADR? (there will be 2 cars in our party)
2. Can I leave our car there for the day and head to MK afterwards? I'm not doing this to get "free" parking and circumvent rules, just asking, as it'll be easier to just take the monorail there after our meal.

No. Parking is for guests using the resorts. This would be a large problem for the MK and Epcot resort guests if people with ADRs were allowed to park there all day for convenience.

Park at the TTC to begin with and walk to the Polynesian. It is an easy walk. You can then take the monorail to the park and get your car at the TTC at the end of the day.

You could pay to valet your cars at the Polynesian but that is the only way you can park them all day.

Okay, thank you!
I totally get that parking is an issue at the monorail resorts!!! But I didn't realize we'd have to pay to park for an ADR.... so if I had an ADR at any resort, several times throughout our trip, we'd have to add a parking fee to that cost each and every time? Seems like they could offer a time-expiration free parking pass if you have an ADR. Say, 2 hours.

But it is what it is I guess. Thanks for the clarification. TTC will certainly be the way to go for us.

No, you do NOT have to pay to park at the resorts for a meal if parking for a short time in the regular parking. If you would want to valet park at the resort, you would pay for that convenience. Hope this helps.

Okay, thank you!
I totally get that parking is an issue at the monorail resorts!!! But I didn't realize we'd have to pay to park for an ADR.... so if I had an ADR at any resort, several times throughout our trip, we'd have to add a parking fee to that cost each and every time? Seems like they could offer a time-expiration free parking pass if you have an ADR. Say, 2 hours.

But it is what it is I guess. Thanks for the clarification. TTC will certainly be the way to go for us.

I believe the standard time allotment is 3 hours. It’s a nice stroll from TTC or factor in the cost of valet into your day’s expenses.

BTW, love the character breakfast @ O’hana, so relaxing and Stitch!

You could simply ask at the guard gate about staying there. See what they say.

Not trying to be negative but this is poor advice. Imagine if everybody with ADR did this.. How fair is it to paying guests at that resort to come back and there be no parking spots?

OP follow advice given about valet or TTC.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter