Can I really pay for entire trip in Gift Cards?

I have a question about refunds. If you’ve lost or trashed your gift cards, will they issue new ones?
Yes. First of all, if you lost a card, call 877-650-4327 to report it so the card is frozen. If you still have $ on the lost card, an original proof of purchase receipt for the card is required to transfer the balance to a new card. If you've already set up at disneygiftcard.com, you can do this yourself.
Then if you need a refund for a cancelled or modified trip, call disney reservations and tell them you lost the card you paid with....they will mail you new gift cards with the refund amount. It takes a while...4-6 weeks...

What store does that? I’ve seen 5% off at Target but never 20% off
It's not a single store, nor are they long-term deals. I keep an eye on the Disney Gift Card Deals thread and jump on the deals as they come up.

For instance, I just bought $300 worth of Disney GCs at Best Buy using my AmEx card, which was offering $30 off of $300 a Best Buy purchase. I did 3 trips and showed my Swagbucks QR code each time, which earned enough points on that site to redeem for $31.50 in PayPal cash. The AmEx itself gets 1% cash back on purchases ($2.70) and I get Best Buy Elite Plus Rewards (1.25 points per $1, 250 points = a $5 rewards certificate which can be used to purchase another Disney GC). Overall, it comes out to better than 20% off of 3 $100 GCs that I bought.

There are other deals, like grocery rewards combined with credit card bonus categories. Or combining warehouse discount prices and cash back apps. Getting the big discounts takes dedication and a little footwork (like stopping in at Best Buy three times during cyber week).

Last edited:
Yes. First of all, if you lost a card, call 877-650-4327 to report it so the card is frozen. If you still have $ on the lost card, an original proof of purchase receipt for the card is required to transfer the balance to a new card. If you've already set up at disneygiftcard.com, you can do this yourself.
Then if you need a refund for a cancelled or modified trip, call disney reservations and tell them you lost the card you paid with....they will mail you new gift cards with the refund amount. It takes a while...4-6 weeks...
Thank you for that helpful info.

If you are going for the Chase Visa, the best offers come through the mail. In 2016 we got the $200 gc offer and both of us got the card. Both cards were closed out at some point and we waited the 24 months before we could receive a bonus again. Lo and behold, the most recent mailed offer was for $250 in gc! So we have garnered $900 in free gc in total from the Chase offers. It pays to have excellent credit! We only play this game with this offer, so it's not like our credit score suffers. And having that big jump in dollar amount on my churning spreadsheet makes it all worth it. We seriously would not be doing any Disney trips at this point without the churning activities! This board is amazing!

Universal doesn't have this combining feature, I took so many $100 GC for Thanksgiving (we had 3 rooms) my purse weighed a ton on our flight.
If you call and buy your UO calls with a rep, you can get the $500 denomination gc
That is what I do as I pay the room up front when I check in and use gc for it

What store does that? I’ve seen 5% off at Target but never 20% off

You're unlikely to find a a straight discount for that amount at a store. Sometimes with credit card offers where you get a credit back for a store that sells Disney GCs. Otherwise it's usually a combination of deals. Like @Marionnette mentioned, if you're interested in higher discounts I'd follow the Gift Card Deals thread; as someone finds one it gets shared. Since I started the GC route I don't think I averaged less than 10% off the trip, my goal is 15% or better.

We once charged and then paid it off on a Disney Chase Visa which earned us points
We accumulated more than $2K - it paid for our WL room with extra "money" for food.
This year I purchased Christmas gifts with Disney Chase Visa points :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter