Can I use points like this?

Mimi151

Earning My Ears
Would this be allowed? Trip November 2025.

Buy a DVC with June use year with 160 points on it. The 2024 points have not been used and come with the contract. Once in hand, bank those 160 points for 2025.

In December 2024, book November 2025 vacation using banked points + 2025 points received in June 2025, AND borrow 2026 points, giving me a total of 480 points.

Is that allowed?

Yep, you've got it. The November 2025 trip falls in your June 2025-May 2026 UY, so you can use June 2024-May 2025 points banked into June 2025, the June 2025 points, and borrow whatever you need from the June 2026-May 2027 UY.

And you can book that trip in December 2024.

Just be careful of addonitis, as @JackosinDIS alludes to. It's difficult to have a really big, fun trip and then have to wait another year or more to save up enough points for another visit....

Yep! That’s fine. Although you’ll be buying another contract before you know it if you use 3 years worth of points in one go 😉
And probably getting a divorce if I did that! 😂. It’s to accommodate a family vacation (paying for others rooms). After that vaca, I think the 160 will be plenty for just my husband and I. I hope… 😬

And probably getting a divorce if I did that! 😂. It’s to accommodate a family vacation (paying for others rooms). After that vaca, I think the 160 will be plenty for just my husband and I. I hope… 😬
And you'll probably then be in borrowing mode always - like we are!

If you are buying a June use year before June, you would get 2023 points as well. You might be selling them back to Disney to discount your purchase but didn’t mention them, so just thought I would make sure you were aware.

You will be beyond the banking deadline, but they will make a one time exception for new purchases and bank for you.

If you are buying a June use year before June, you would get 2023 points as well. You might be selling them back to Disney to discount your purchase but didn’t mention them, so just thought I would make sure you were aware.

You will be beyond the banking deadline, but they will make a one time exception for new purchases and bank for you.
There aren’t any 2023 points on the contract. Will I be beyond the banking deadline for just the 2023 points, or are you referring to the 2024 ones as well?

Straulin is referring to if you bought direct from Disney, then you would still get 2023 points. Assuming you are buying resale, then the seller has likely used your 2023 points. If the seller hasn't, then you are past the deadline and can't bank those points.

If buying direct from Disney, then they can still bank your 2023 points for you into 2024 if you didn't want to sell them back.

There aren’t any 2023 points on the contract. Will I be beyond the banking deadline for just the 2023 points, or are you referring to the 2024 ones as well?
I’m sorry, in my head you were buying direct points. When you buy direct, the points for the current use year are loaded even if you close days before it is over. They will let you bank those beyond the banking window.

Resale is different. Whatever points are on the contract wouldn’t change. I think my comment just made things more confusing. Sorry for not clarifying in my original comment.

You must bank during the first 8 months of your use year & cannot bank during the last 4 months, so w/ a resale contract w/ a June use year your banking deadline is January - thus, as long as you have access to your points (passed ROFR, closed contract & DVC has loaded your points into your account) before 1/31/2025, you’ll be able to bank your June 2024 points into your 2025 use year & use them for your planned Nov. 2025 trip which will occur during your 2025 use year (6/1/2025 - 5/31/2026.) You can also borrow your 2026 points for that November 2025 trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter