Can someone describe the "conditions" at Disneyland in August?

kpgclark

<font color=339900>There's nothing hum drum about
First my children said they weren't interested in going to Disneyland just before our cruise but now they say they are. We could only go on August 19th which is a Friday. Can someone tell me what we could expect at each of the parks there? For example what will the weather be like? How crowded is each park? Should we expect very long waits for rides? I'm debating whether to go or not so any info you could provide would be most helpful.

The middle to the end of August gets less and less busy, during the week, as schools start to go back into session. Weekends of course are always busy, but weekdays should be much less so.

The weather will be hot, shorts and tee shirt weather defintely! But, it shouldn't be overwhelmingly hot and unlike WDW you won't have bad humidity issues!

HTH!

We've been to DL several times in late August. Indeed, it can get pretty warm, but, as dsnylndmom said, not nearly as hot as WDW. Temps are likely to get up into the 80s midday. Mornings and evenings are usually quite pleasant. Rain is very rare at this time of year. Most schools in CA don't start until late August or even early Sept., so the parks are still pretty crowded, especially on weekends. DL should still have pretty long hours.

be warned that it does get as hot as the 90s!! and waiting in line, can get pretty long & hot! i say a tank top! and don't forget sunscreen! they do sell those water bottle mister thing! have fun! :flower:

We went last August (17-20). The weather was perfect and the crowds were not too bad. If you go first thing when the parks open you will not have long lines for several hours. Coming from the East Coast, the summer temperatures in California are a welcome change! No humidity and plenty of sunshine.

My DW and I will be there in the begining of the month. We figure it will be crowded though we will be at the parks only on weekdays, so we are prepared for that. Is the weather the same as you all are saying about the end of the month? Also being from the East Coast, it will be very nice to have the sun but no humidity.

-Matt

Thanks for this thread. We are making our first return trip to DL in the beginning of August. We're celebrating my oldest daughter's high school graduation and 18th birthday. Besides wanting to visit DL again, we really hate Florida in the summer. We will usualy only go to DW in the fall, winter and spring. We remember it can be hot during the day, but the lack of humidity and pleasant evenings was the final selling factor. We can't wait to be back.

I went mid-August in 2003, and the weather was HOT. 100+ degrees each
day I was there, hot. Granted, it's not like Florida's hot and humid Augusts,
but still, it's hot enough to drain your energy.

One mid-afternoon, I was at DCA, and I needed to find First Aid to cool down.
They had wonderful cold, damp washcloths for this purpose. I fully believe I
didn't drink enough water, and I was pretty close to heat stroke.

Moral of the story....don't forget to drink water on hot August days. :goodvibes

As for crowds, it was pretty bad on the weekends. But since I was solo,
I took advantage of single rider lines at dozens of attractions. Instead
of a 200 minute wait at Indy (or getting a FastPass), I headed through the
exit to their makeshift "single rider" area. Total wait was about 10 minutes.

It was refreshing to see how much time I saved as a solo visitor without even needing FastPass.

We will be going the first week of August, not on the weekend, but we are preparing ourselves for longer lines than when we have gone to WDW.

We are so excited to go and take the kids, who have never been. We are hoping for longer hours so we can take a break and come back later when maybe it is cooler.

Someone said that the crowds diminish during the weeks towards the end of August. Are the hours shorter and do the parades run less frequently then?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter