• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can someone please ask.....Pet Boarding!

mickeysaver

<font color=blue>WINNER of the world's worst limer
Is there any way that Disney, in the next few years, might make a resort styled kennel? We have 3 Chihuahuas and a standard kennel, like our vet has or is available at WDW, is just no place for them. We pay over $100 a day, typically, to board them.

If not a "better" kennel set up, what are the chances of a building or two of a couple of the resorts being made pet friendly? Our dogs are crate trained, so it's not like I am advocating letting them run around the room destroying it. I would gladly pay an upcharge on our room if they were allowed to stay with us.

I love the PetsHotel run by PetsMart that is near us, but I would also love to be able to board the babies where we could go check in on them each day. Maggie

Beginning January 10, 2008, the Walt Disney World Resort will transition its kennel operations to an industry expert, Best Friends PetCare Inc. Best Friends is a national provider of pet hospitality in the United States, with 44 locations in 18 states.

Conversion of Walt Disney World Resort Kennels to Best Friends will occur in phases throughout the months of January and February 2008 with the anticipated transition schedule as follows:

1/10/08 - Transportation and Ticket Center and Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground Kennels

1/24/08 - Epcot Kennel

2/7/08 - Disney's Hollywood Studios and Disney's Animal Kingdom Kennels

Best Friends is also slated to build and operate a full-service, luxury pet "resort" at the Walt Disney World Resort. The one-of-a-kind pet facility is expected to open in mid-2009 and will be located on Bonnet Creek Parkway. The luxury pet "resort" will cater to park and resort Guests and will provide a full range of pet hospitality services. Note, with the addition of this facility, there are no plans to allow pets in Guest rooms at any of the Disney Resort Hotels with the exception of designated service animals.

For additional information on Best Friends PetCare Inc., please view their website at http://www.bestfriendspetcare.com

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

I just went in and told all 4 of the pet kids about this, tails were a wagging, cats were a purring :thumbsup2

I am just so excited about this. Deuce has epilepsy. He takes medicine twice a day to control his seizures and while he has done ok with being boarded in the past, it would be nice to be able to monitor his stress levels in person rather than having to rely on someone over 500 miles away by phone. Perdita and Cinderella are both fine with whatever boarding situation that you put them into, but it sure would be nice to see the kids while we are on vacation. Maggie

I am just so excited about this. Deuce has epilepsy. He takes medicine twice a day to control his seizures and while he has done ok with being boarded in the past, it would be nice to be able to monitor his stress levels in person rather than having to rely on someone over 500 miles away by phone. Perdita and Cinderella are both fine with whatever boarding situation that you put them into, but it sure would be nice to see the kids while we are on vacation. Maggie

Maggie, My DH & I too would love to have been able to see our baby on vacation. Our baby past last October 12th. We would have loved to take him with us to Disney.

I have asked this question many times before about having a Pet-Friendly Hotel and while some people would agree, I do get people who really disagree.

I am of the mind set to not take the furry kids on vacation to WDW as we wanna spend way too much time in the parks. Also, they can stay on my parents ranch while we go, so they get a vacation to doggie playland.

If we had relatives or even close friends that were close by and up to the task of caring for our dogs, it would be better, but for us, we just don't have that option right now. I wish that we did because the babies always did well when our friend, Billy, was free to care for them. Our vet's office was our choice of kennels during our vacation a month ago. Deuce came out of the situation very overstressed and seemed like someone had mistreated him, which I can't prove, but his behavior was just off and he was cowering. It broke my heart. We have used the PetsHotel run by PetsMart, which was fine, but they run the tv in the suites 24 hours a day. Deuce was overstressed from the lack of rest and was having mild seizure activity for about a week after he got home. He is just the sweetest baby and very easy going, even when he has to take his pills. To know that there will be an option that lets us keep tabs on him a bit more closely will be a godsend. Maggie

Corey and I love to take our furry babies on vacation and Key West is one of the most dog friendly towns we have visited. There are accomodations there that accept pets, but not kids!
Bailey and Zoe stroll down Duval, ride in the electric car, and dine at some pretty nice restaurants when we visit.:cool1:

If bringing your pet with you on vacation to WDW is a must try staying at the Hard RocK Hotel at Universal. You would have to commute back and forth to the World, but your babies would be with you!:banana:

The transition dates and prices of WDW Kennels once operation by Best Friends PetCare Inc. will be as follows:

Current Pricing until transition occurs:
Day Use - $10
Overnight - Day Guest $15
Overnight - Resort Guest $13

Guests currently walk their pets at all Kennel locations.

Effective 1/10/08 at Transportation and Ticket Center & Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
Effective 1/24/08 at Epcot
Day Use - $15
Overnight - Day Guest $20
Overnight - Resort Guest $18

Rate includes 2 potty walks per day and up to 2 feedings per day at these locations.

Effective 2/7/08 at Disney's Hollywood Studios and Disney's Animal Kingdom

Day Use - $10
Overnight - Day Guest $15
Overnight - Resort Guest $13

Guest will continue to feed and walk their pet at these locations

Vaccination Requirements will remain the same:

Dogs must have proof of the following vaccinations, given by a licensed Veterinarian:
Rabies
D.H.P. (Distemper, Hepatitis, Parainfluenza)
Parvovirus
Bordetella (aka Kennel Cough, Canine Cough)

Cats must have proof of the following vaccinations, given by a licensed Veterinarian:
Rabies
Panleukopenia (aka Feline Distemper)
Rhinotracheitis
Calcivirus

Now my only question is . . .

Can we use DVC points to board our girl??? :lmao: :lmao:

(I shouldn't even mention this in jest, soon there will be a DVC for pets)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter