Can we please do one character meal?! A January '19 PTR! *TR Link Posted 2/12*

missangelalexis

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone! I'm here to share my trip plans for my upcoming trip!

Who am I?

That's me! My name is Alexis :) I've posted several TRs on these boards but not so many PTRs! I figured posting a PTR would help pass the time and still keep me in contact with my friends on here!

The next trip I have in the works is with a face these boards have yet to meet...DBF! We have been together a mighty 10 years. Our only time at Disney together was in January of 2013...SIX years ago!

But here's a more recent picture of us :)

That trip was before I even started trip reporting! Now we all know I'VE been since then but a lot has changed since he's been!

Let's recap some of the things that he experienced then that no longer exist:
-Paper Fast Passes
-Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade
-Main Street Electrical Parade
-Wishes
-The Sorcerer's Hat
-Animation Academy
-The Backlot Tour
-Great Movie Ride
-Mickey's Jammin Jungle Parade
-Camp Minnie & Mickey at Animal Kindgom
-Maelstrom
-Disney Springs was still Downtown Disney

That trip together was actually my first trip to WDW as an adult and I wanted to see and do EVERYTHING! I made him stand in character lines, go on all the rides, see all the shows, collect all the pressed pennies, etc. This trip will be a little different as I know what he does/doesn't like and I will try to be mindful of that! I also want to make sure we do a lot of the things he likes! For instance, he is not a character lover so I will be keeping meets to a minimum. Hence where the PTR title comes from- me begging to squeeze ONE character meal :rotfl: He loves the thrill rides and would probably prefer if we skip It's A Small World all together :rotfl2:

He enjoys Disney but he doesn't love it the way I do and has no desire to go all the time. That being said, taking this trip is his idea! He said he's ready to go back and I will happily oblige! We also will be spending some days at Universal Studios!

We will be making our way to Disney January 26-February 2nd. We are going to be staying at Pop Century! That is where we stayed last time together and we both enjoyed it. I have not been there in 5 years so I'm glad to be going back and to see the new refurbished rooms.

Hope you all will join me as I plan this trip that is (as of today) 157 days away!!

I'M HERE!!

Can't wait to follow along on all of your planning adventures!!

I'm here!

I have seen some of your pictures on instagram and assumed it was a DBF, but wasn't sure.

Can't wait to hear what you have planned! It will be fun to tour the parks a bit differently than you usually do.

I'm here!!!

Got so excited for you when I saw your new signature a few weeks ago.
I'm looking forward to hearing about your Disney plans with your boyfriend. But not a lot of characters?! I'm not sure what it'll be like to read your future report and not see a lot of adorable character photos! Hopefully Photopass pictures will still happen.

Following! Can't wait to read about your plans! I also can't believe January is less than 157 days away! Where did the summer go!

I'M HERE!!

Can't wait to follow along on all of your planning adventures!!

Yay thank you for joining in!! :)

I'm here!

I have seen some of your pictures on instagram and assumed it was a DBF, but wasn't sure.

Can't wait to hear what you have planned! It will be fun to tour the parks a bit differently than you usually do.

Thanks for coming over! :cool1:

Haha yep that's him :)

I'm here!!!

Got so excited for you when I saw your new signature a few weeks ago.
I'm looking forward to hearing about your Disney plans with your boyfriend. But not a lot of characters?! I'm not sure what it'll be like to read your future report and not see a lot of adorable character photos! Hopefully Photopass pictures will still happen.

Yay, hi!! :goodvibes

LOL! It will be different that's for sure! He is not a huge picture lover to begin with, so I'm sure even the selfies will be limited! But I do plan on buying memory maker so that will force some pictures ;)

Following! Can't wait to read about your plans! I also can't believe January is less than 157 days away! Where did the summer go!

Thanks for joining! Looking at that number, it doesn't seem so far away! This summer FLEW by!

I saw January and got excited and hoped it was early in the month when we'd be there!

Following along to see how your plans go...I love that your boyfriend is going back with you and you can show him all the changes!

HERE! All the yays for another trip!! Can't wait to hear all about your plans! :D

Yayy! Thanks for joining in!

I saw January and got excited and hoped it was early in the month when we'd be there!

Following along to see how your plans go...I love that your boyfriend is going back with you and you can show him all the changes!

I wish it would have been the same time!

It's going to be so different for him! And lots of new things for him to experience which is exciting!

I thought I spied a new ticker in your signature!! Can't wait to hear about all the plans with you & DBF!!

Yay!!! I'm so excited to hear you'll be heading back to Disney with your boyfriend - how exciting!!! And who knows... maybe this trip will officially sell him on Disney a bit more for the future ;)

I'm here! DBF sounds a lot like my DH haha he is not a fan of character meets. He'll usually do it if he knows its one I really, really want to do or on our last trip he actually enjoyed meeting Launchpad McQuack after getting a little beer buzz going in AK! haha

Look forward to hearing about your trip! DH loved the Void experience in Disney Springs and he isnt even a huge Star Wars fan so that might be fun to do!

My dh doesn't love character meets or even character meals and he's sat through every single one I've ever planned :) Fortunately for him, he's pretty much done every character meal except.......Tusker House. And we're doing that one in NOvember! He'll appease me for the couple I have planned for MNSSHP but I try not to push it :rotfl2:

I'll be curious to hear about POP Century. We're also planning a Dec 2019 trip and I couldn't decide between Pop and CBR. It's all to hopefully catch the opening of Star Wars land and to take advantage of the gondola system.

Looking forward to your PTR!

I'm in! So excited you're going back!

Thank you! I can't wait!

Onboard! Looking forward to your plans and trip! Yay!!!

Thanks for joining!! :goodvibes

Joining in. We'll be headed for our first family trip about a month after you.

How exciting! I will hop over to your PTR!

I thought I spied a new ticker in your signature!! Can't wait to hear about all the plans with you & DBF!!

I was waiting for everything to become official before posting anything! Thanks for joining in again! :)

Yay! Disney bound for you and DBF, I am excited for you!

Thank you!! Glad you are here :)

Yay!!! I'm so excited to hear you'll be heading back to Disney with your boyfriend - how exciting!!! And who knows... maybe this trip will officially sell him on Disney a bit more for the future ;)

Thank you! I am not hopeful this will sell him completely! But I think he already knows Disney will always be in our future because of how much I love it :)

I'm here! DBF sounds a lot like my DH haha he is not a fan of character meets. He'll usually do it if he knows its one I really, really want to do or on our last trip he actually enjoyed meeting Launchpad McQuack after getting a little beer buzz going in AK! haha

Look forward to hearing about your trip! DH loved the Void experience in Disney Springs and he isnt even a huge Star Wars fan so that might be fun to do!

Thanks for joining in! Your picture is adorable btw!

Hahaha what is it with these guys and characters?? DBF always puts up a fight about them but there have definitely been some encounters that he has enjoyed!

The Void experience definitely sounds like something we would like! I am not sure if we will head to Disney Springs this trip, but if so I'm definitely going to consider it!

Joining in...we are going in January too. 12-19th

Thanks for joining! Yay for another January trip goer! I will hop over to your PTR as well :)

My dh doesn't love character meets or even character meals and he's sat through every single one I've ever planned :) Fortunately for him, he's pretty much done every character meal except.......Tusker House. And we're doing that one in NOvember! He'll appease me for the couple I have planned for MNSSHP but I try not to push it :rotfl2:

I'll be curious to hear about POP Century. We're also planning a Dec 2019 trip and I couldn't decide between Pop and CBR. It's all to hopefully catch the opening of Star Wars land and to take advantage of the gondola system.

Looking forward to your PTR!

Thanks for joining in!

He sounds like a good DH :) I think it's important to know how much you can get away with and when not to over do it!

I've loved Pop Century in the past. I am looking forward to going back now that it's been refurbished!

Awesome to hopefully be going in December 2019! There are so many exciting things coming to WDW!

Thanks to everyone who has joined in! I hope everyone is enjoying the end of summer, it sure did fly by!

Here is the basic outline of what our trip will consist of:

January 26- Arrival Day
January 27- Universal or IoA
January 28- Epcot
January 29- Universal or IoA
January 30- Animal Kingdom
January 31- Hollywood Studios
February 1- Magic Kingdom
February 2- Hollywood Studios/Departure

I made 4 Disney ADRS this trip! I like to see if people can guess where they are :)
Here are some hints:
-1 in each park
-2 are brand new to me!
-The other 2 I have been before (1 being a place I go every trip ;))

And did I manage to convince DBF to do ONE character meal for me?? Take a guess and find out! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!