Can we please do one character meal?! A January '19 PTR! *TR Link Posted 2/12*

My guesses: Tusker house (for the characters!), BOG, Sci-Fi Dine in, and Via Napoli!

I'm also guessing I am way off!

I made 4 Disney ADRS this trip! I like to see if people can guess where they are :)
Here are some hints:
-1 in each park
-2 are brand new to me!
-The other 2 I have been before (1 being a place I go every trip ;))

And did I manage to convince DBF to do ONE character meal for me?? Take a guess and find out! :goodvibes
Man this is tough...

AK: Tusker House
HS: Brown Derby
EPCOT: Rose & Crown
MK: Skipper Canteen

I'm going against the grain and saying the character meal is Garden Grill in Epcot, because DBF will appreciate the rotating through the ride. Then, Skipper Canteen, Sci Fi, and Tiffins.

I’m going with BoG at MK
Sci-Fi at DHS
TH as character breakfast in AK
Via Napoli in Epcot

Excited to hear more about your plans!

I'm always so terrible at guessing games, but I'll give it a shot.

AK- Tiffins
DHS- Brown Derby
MK- Skipper Canteen
Epcot- Garden Grill

Following! Looking forward to seeing which ADRs you chose!

We visited WDW very similar dates a few years ago and we really liked that time of year in the parks (so much so that DH has mentioned several times that we should shift our recent MO of going the week before Thanksgiving over to that timeframe).

I'm here!!! Looking forward to reading about your plans for a wonderful trip with your until-now-unknown-to-us DBF!

My guesses: Tusker house (for the characters!), BOG, Sci-Fi Dine in, and Via Napoli!

I'm also guessing I am way off!

Thanks for guessing! Via Napoli is definitely on my list of places to try, unfortunately this trip isn't it :(

Man this is tough...

AK: Tusker House
HS: Brown Derby
EPCOT: Rose & Crown
MK: Skipper Canteen

Thanks for guessing! I definitely want to go to Rose & Crown one day for the scotch egg alone!

I'm going against the grain and saying the character meal is Garden Grill in Epcot, because DBF will appreciate the rotating through the ride. Then, Skipper Canteen, Sci Fi, and Tiffins.

Thanks for guessing! I do loveee Garden Grill! :)

I’m going with BoG at MK
Sci-Fi at DHS
TH as character breakfast in AK
Via Napoli in Epcot

Excited to hear more about your plans!

Thanks for guessing! I'm excited to share and get some feedback!

My guesses
MK-CRT
Epcot-Spice Road Table
HS-Brown Derby
AK-Tiffins

Thanks for guessing! Unfortunately I don't think I could ever convince DBF to go to CRT! :rotfl2:

I'm always so terrible at guessing games, but I'll give it a shot.

AK- Tiffins
DHS- Brown Derby
MK- Skipper Canteen
Epcot- Garden Grill

That's ok, I appreciate you guessing!

On an unrelated note, I saw these in the deli next to my job the other day and instantly thought of you!! I think I may need to go back and try them myself :)

Following! Looking forward to seeing which ADRs you chose!

We visited WDW very similar dates a few years ago and we really liked that time of year in the parks (so much so that DH has mentioned several times that we should shift our recent MO of going the week before Thanksgiving over to that timeframe).

Thanks for joining in!

This will be my 3rd time going in January. The last time I went for MLK weekend in 2016 and it was FREEZING! I'm really hoping we get decent weather and it's not unbearably cold!

I'm here!!! Looking forward to reading about your plans for a wonderful trip with your until-now-unknown-to-us DBF!

Yay thanks for joining!!! :)

ADRs

Thanks to everyone for taking guesses! There are so many restaurants at Disney that I know it can be hard to blindly guess!

So here are the answers!

Epcot - Coral Reef (Dinner) - I have always wanted to go here (Hello boy meets world and full house!!). I know this restaurant gets mixed reviews but I'm hoping it works out for us. I like the aspect of us being able to see the tanks. Anyone been here and have reviews to share??

MK - Be Our Guest (Lunch) - I always go here for lunch, it is one of my favorites! I love the turkey sandwich and no trip is complete without a master's cupcake for me!

DHS - Hollywood & Vine (Character Lunch- Fantasmic Package)- The character meal I was able to convince DBF of! Fantasmic is his favorite nighttime show and I don't want to use a FP on it or wait in the standby line. At first I was leaning towards trying out the dessert package. But it's expensive for what you get and I felt like spending the extra money to get a real meal out of it would be better. Also I want to go back to H&V because I'm basically on a mission to go there for every seasonal meal and I've already done Christmas and Halloween! :)

AK- Yak & Yeti (Lunch) - We frequent PF Changs a lot at home so I think this would be a good choice and I've always wanted to go there!

Only 2 people managed to get one right! @emilyhuff and @disneyAndi14 both correctly guessed Be Our Guest :cheer2:

Woo! BOG! We are trying this out for lunch too!

I have always wanted to try Coral Reef but DBF is not a seafood guy so I figured it may be a waste! Hollywood and Vine is a great pick for the character meal and such a plus that you get Fantasmic passes too! And Yak and Yeti I mean how can you go wrong! Awesome picks!

Epcot - Coral Reef (Dinner) - I have always wanted to go here (Hello boy meets world and full house!!). I know this restaurant gets mixed reviews but I'm hoping it works out for us. I like the aspect of us being able to see the tanks. Anyone been here and have reviews to share??

I'm so with you on the Boy Meets World and Full House thing! I think of those shows every time I go to this restaurant! I've been 4 times in the last 5-6 years. I've had one of my best meals there (a couple years ago, before another menu change happened,) and some of my least enjoyable. It was never outright BAD when we were there, but certainly not as good as we were hoping for. The ambiance of the fish swimming by is a huge plus, and we've always been able to get a table at least on the lower level if not directly beside the tanks by arriving a little early for the reservation and asking politely at check in. We haven't been back in a while since the last couple meals there weren't the best, but I'd definitely consider going back again someday.

Clearly, I need to stick with my day job because guessing ADRs is not my strong suite. :rotfl2:

Hooray for spotting some Happy Hippos!!! That’s awesome. You should definitely grab a package the next time you’re in there. You won’t be disappointed. :rotfl:

Woo! BOG! We are trying this out for lunch too!

I have always wanted to try Coral Reef but DBF is not a seafood guy so I figured it may be a waste! Hollywood and Vine is a great pick for the character meal and such a plus that you get Fantasmic passes too! And Yak and Yeti I mean how can you go wrong! Awesome picks!

I personally love BOG for lunch! I hope you enjoy it too!

Coral Reef definitely has more than seafood on the menu- hopefully you can convince him one day!

I'm so with you on the Boy Meets World and Full House thing! I think of those shows every time I go to this restaurant! I've been 4 times in the last 5-6 years. I've had one of my best meals there (a couple years ago, before another menu change happened,) and some of my least enjoyable. It was never outright BAD when we were there, but certainly not as good as we were hoping for. The ambiance of the fish swimming by is a huge plus, and we've always been able to get a table at least on the lower level if not directly beside the tanks by arriving a little early for the reservation and asking politely at check in. We haven't been back in a while since the last couple meals there weren't the best, but I'd definitely consider going back again someday.

Yay, I'm glad you understand where I am coming from then! :) I appreciate your feedback (and good to know about arriving early to see if there's a chance of getting a table on the lower level). I definitely will go into it knowing it can be hit or miss, but hopefully we will have a good experience! I feel the pressure making these decisions this time around since DBF isn't into the planning stages of a trip at all!

Clearly, I need to stick with my day job because guessing ADRs is not my strong suite. :rotfl2:

Hooray for spotting some Happy Hippos!!! That’s awesome. You should definitely grab a package the next time you’re in there. You won’t be disappointed. :rotfl:

Hahaha it's a tough game, I never do very well in guessing other people's ADRs either!

:goodvibes I will keep you updated if I buy them!

I feel the pressure making these decisions this time around since DBF isn't into the planning stages of a trip at all!

This was me on my first trip with the now-husband, and even a little bit still these days. And on a related note, on that first trip with Nathan, he was super impressed with Coral Reef and thought it was a great pick on my part. :) Hopefully you'll have a great experience there!

Ahh I was going to guess Hollywood and Vine but I thought TH at AK was for sure the character meal! I knew BoG from all your TR’s. I love this lunch as well even though it gets slammed on here!

We went to Coral Reef just once about three years ago and just did appetizers. We liked the food and the Big tank is very cool to watch. We haven’t been back because Andi has decided she doesn’t like seafood anymore haha!

I always want to try it. I will love to hear how you like it.

AK- Yak & Yeti (Lunch) - We frequent PF Changs a lot at home so I think this would be a good choice and I've always wanted to go there!
Yum! That is a good one.

Only 2 people managed to get one right! @emilyhuff and @disneyAndi14 both correctly guessed Be Our Guest :cheer2:
Man we are are terrible at guessing!

This was me on my first trip with the now-husband, and even a little bit still these days. And on a related note, on that first trip with Nathan, he was super impressed with Coral Reef and thought it was a great pick on my part. :) Hopefully you'll have a great experience there!

It's good to know I'm not alone! And thanks for the encouragement about Coral reef! :)

Ahh I was going to guess Hollywood and Vine but I thought TH at AK was for sure the character meal! I knew BoG from all your TR’s. I love this lunch as well even though it gets slammed on here!

We went to Coral Reef just once about three years ago and just did appetizers. We liked the food and the Big tank is very cool to watch. We haven’t been back because Andi has decided she doesn’t like seafood anymore haha!

TH was a good guess! I have become quite a fan of it and hopefully will get back there in the future!

I am pretty surprised at how many people dislike lunch at BoG. Maybe it's because I usually get the same thing, but I'm never disappointed!

Glad to hear you had a positive experience at Coral Reef. I noticed there are a lot of other menu items besides seafood! Maybe you can convince Andi to go back one day ;)

View attachment 348432

Yes!! Pretty much the whole reason I wanted to go to WDW at all :rotfl:

YES!! You get me!!! :love: And I just watched that episode the other day!

I always want to try it. I will love to hear how you like it.

Yum! That is a good one.

Man we are are terrible at guessing!

Hopefully I come back with a positive review!

I am excited to finally try Yak & Yeti!

Haha, it's tough to just guess blindly!!

ADRs

Thanks to everyone for taking guesses! There are so many restaurants at Disney that I know it can be hard to blindly guess!

So here are the answers!

MK - Be Our Guest (Lunch) - I always go here for lunch, it is one of my favorites! I love the turkey sandwich and no trip is complete without a master's cupcake for me!

DHS - Hollywood & Vine (Character Lunch- Fantasmic Package)- The character meal I was able to convince DBF of! Fantasmic is his favorite nighttime show and I don't want to use a FP on it or wait in the standby line. At first I was leaning towards trying out the dessert package. But it's expensive for what you get and I felt like spending the extra money to get a real meal out of it would be better. Also I want to go back to H&V because I'm basically on a mission to go there for every seasonal meal and I've already done Christmas and Halloween! :)

I'm here!

I love all of the ADRs you have for your trip! Coral Reef is one of my absolute favorite restaurants. I love the lobster bisque and I usually get the Seared Maui Maui. The Bailey's and Jack Daniels Mousse is tied for first with the Triple Chocolate Cupcake at BOG as my favorite dessert at WDW. Plus you can't beat the aquarium view while you are eating. The restaurant is built in tiers like a theater so there is no bad seat in the place.

I don't think I need to tell you how much I love lunch at BOG considering I just wrote about it in both of my TRs. :rotfl:

I've done H & V one time for dinner and it was during the Christmas season. I'm curious as to what costumes you will get since the theme for the dates you are going is not listed on the WDW website. Hopefully the seafood mac and cheese will still be on the buffet for you because it was outstanding.

I've also only done Y & Y one time but we are going back in October. If you remember, Mom and I loved our meal but it was a bit spoiled when the waitress dumped an glass of ice tea all over Mom. I'm hoping we have a better experience in October. I know most people get the Fried Won Tons for dessert but I loved the Chocolate pudding cake.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!