Can we please do one character meal?! A January '19 PTR! *TR Link Posted 2/12*

Sounds like a smart way to tackle Universal. I really hope you guys can make it over to Toothsome for lunch; it's such a fun restaurant!
And walking around AoA would be a nice, relaxing end to your day.

I wish we had eaten at Toothsome's when we were there this summer!! It looks really incredible. I'm hoping to squeeze it in on the short stay I'm thinking of booking before our Merrytime Cruise next December.

Sounds like a good plan for the day. Our son is a huge HP fan, so the Hogwart's Express is a must for us!

Sounds like a good plan! I just watched some you tube videos on HHN and I wish I was there, even if I am a scaredy-cat, it looks so fun!!

I won’t do Hulk either, I stay on the ground while Andi does this. We really liked Toothsome for lunch.

HHN does seem fun! Though I don't think I'd ever attend, wayyy too scary!

I looked up a video of it to see if I would consider giving it a ride but NOPE no chance! I remember you enjoying Toothsome's for lunch! Hopefully I finally get to go!

:rotfl::rotfl: That would be what I'd say too!! My SIL hates flying (she's only flown one round trip flight ever) and refuses. She makes my brother drive, which he equal parts hates/doesn't mind (he works for the railroad and often has to drive pretty far to whatever state their worksite is for the week, although sometimes the crew flies out instead, so he's used to driving but doesn't want to on vacation). She sometimes asks about all of us taking a trip together and I tell her if she wants to do that she'd better change her mind on flying b/c I'm not spending any vacation days driving!! I'm mean!

I've always wanted to do this too but never manage to work it into our plans.

:sad::sad2:

We did this the summer it first began I think! It was pretty fun and surprisingly realistic - it snuck up on us and we jumped, LOL

Aww, this is cute!!
Raeven always makes me want to hurry back to USO and now you're making me want to, too!!

The plans sound good so far!!

LOL! It's not mean! I am completely with you! I only get limited time off so I am NOT wasting any days on travel!!

I would love to cross mini golf off the bucket list!

Ugh I know, I'm sorry!! I just never got into it!!

Good to know about the raptor encounter! I hope BF will be down for it!

It's really enjoyable! Not enough to dedicate the whole vacation to, but I don't mind spending a day or two there!

Sounds like a smart way to tackle Universal. I really hope you guys can make it over to Toothsome for lunch; it's such a fun restaurant!
And walking around AoA would be a nice, relaxing end to your day.

Thank you! I was bummed not getting to go the last time I was there (the wait was way too long) so hopefully this will be a better chance to go!

It's so scenic there! I think DBF would enjoy the Cars and Lion King sections!

Your day at IoA sounds like it will be a lot of fun!

Thank you!

I wish we had eaten at Toothsome's when we were there this summer!! It looks really incredible. I'm hoping to squeeze it in on the short stay I'm thinking of booking before our Merrytime Cruise next December.

Sounds like a good plan for the day. Our son is a huge HP fan, so the Hogwart's Express is a must for us!

It does look awesome! We tried to get it on my trip 2 years ago but the wait was way too long. I hope you are able to go!

Thank you! The Hogwarts Express is definitely super cool! But not really worth it for us to spend the extra money to do it this time around!

I love all of the ADRs you have for your trip! Coral Reef is one of my absolute favorite restaurants. I love the lobster bisque and I usually get the Seared Maui Maui. The Bailey's and Jack Daniels Mousse is tied for first with the Triple Chocolate Cupcake at BOG as my favorite dessert at WDW. Plus you can't beat the aquarium view while you are eating. The restaurant is built in tiers like a theater so there is no bad seat in the place.

That's really encouraging! We have an ADR here on our first trip too. Mostly because our son loves all things sea creatures, so I'm hoping we don't need to stress too much about good seating. But DH and I really like seafood and can't really get it where we live now. And that Mousse sounds amazing.

Your list of foods was pretty much exactly all the things we were excited to do this past week while at Universal! lol

Toothsome was pretty dead when we went over around 11:45-ish on a Wednesday. We got seated right away and there were tons of empty tables around. Service was very quick also. Hopefully it works out for y'all too.

Sounds like a great plan for tackling IOA!

Not nearly enough people in this country appreciate Scotch eggs!

They are so delicious!

That's really encouraging! We have an ADR here on our first trip too. Mostly because our son loves all things sea creatures, so I'm hoping we don't need to stress too much about good seating. But DH and I really like seafood and can't really get it where we live now. And that Mousse sounds amazing.

I hope you enjoy Coral Reef too!

Your list of foods was pretty much exactly all the things we were excited to do this past week while at Universal! lol

Toothsome was pretty dead when we went over around 11:45-ish on a Wednesday. We got seated right away and there were tons of empty tables around. Service was very quick also. Hopefully it works out for y'all too.

Sounds like a great plan for tackling IOA!

I hope you had an awesome trip- it looked so fun! I loved seeing your pics from Voodoo! What times did you usually go there and was it crowded?

OoOoO that's great to hear about Toothsome at lunchtime! Thank you!

I hope you had an awesome trip- it looked so fun! I loved seeing your pics from Voodoo! What times did you usually go there and was it crowded?

Yes we had an amazing time!!

Looking at my notes we went around 8:45 or 9 both times and didn’t have a wait at all.

122 days to go! The fact that I am in the low 100s and creeping my way to double digits is exciting!

The next days plans are for:

January 28 - Epcot

I do hope for us to get here as close to rope drop as possible so we can head straight to Soarin! I plan for our FPs to be Test Track, Spaceship Earth, and probably Nemo. I hate that character spot is now a Tier 1 FP, makes no sense. Hopefully we will do the Visa M&G instead. Other than that I'm not going to push any other character greets. DBF be interested in meeting Baymax so that could be a possibility if the line is short but we will see. I'd also like to explore the Seas building for a bit. I doubt we will get on Frozen Ever After unless I'm able to get a same day FP for it! We also want to explore the countries! The Festival of the Arts will be going on so it will be nice to see stuff and hopefully take advantage of some of those cool photo ops.

We have a 6:30 reservation at Coral Reef. I'm not sure if DBF has ever seen Illuminations. We definitely skipped it last time. I don't usually mind skipping it but it would be the last chance to see it before it goes away. I'm going to see how the day goes and how DBF feels and play it by ear.

Thanks to everyone who has joined in! I hope everyone is enjoying the end of summer, it sure did fly by!

Here is the basic outline of what our trip will consist of:

January 26- Arrival Day
January 27- Universal or IoA
January 28- Epcot
January 29- Universal or IoA
January 30- Animal Kingdom
January 31- Hollywood Studios
February 1- Magic Kingdom
February 2- Hollywood Studios/Departure

I made 4 Disney ADRS this trip! I like to see if people can guess where they are :)
Here are some hints:
-1 in each park
-2 are brand new to me!
-The other 2 I have been before (1 being a place I go every trip ;))

And did I manage to convince DBF to do ONE character meal for me?? Take a guess and find out! :goodvibes

Hey, we'll be there during that exact same time! Discounts just came out for January, hope you were able to get a good deal!

Joining along as we are also going during this time!
We're still waiting on the military discount renewal announcement before finalizing our hotel but we've bought our tickets to Orlando.
I'm so excited!

Hi everyone! I'm here to share my trip plans for my upcoming trip!

Who am I?

That's me! My name is Alexis :) I've posted several TRs on these boards but not so many PTRs! I figured posting a PTR would help pass the time and still keep me in contact with my friends on here!

The next trip I have in the works is with a face these boards have yet to meet...DBF! We have been together a mighty 10 years. Our only time at Disney together was in January of 2013...SIX years ago!

But here's a more recent picture of us :)

That trip was before I even started trip reporting! Now we all know I'VE been since then but a lot has changed since he's been!

Let's recap some of the things that he experienced then that no longer exist:
-Paper Fast Passes
-Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade
-Main Street Electrical Parade
-Wishes
-The Sorcerer's Hat
-Animation Academy
-The Backlot Tour
-Great Movie Ride
-Mickey's Jammin Jungle Parade
-Camp Minnie & Mickey at Animal Kindgom
-Maelstrom
-Disney Springs was still Downtown Disney

That trip together was actually my first trip to WDW as an adult and I wanted to see and do EVERYTHING! I made him stand in character lines, go on all the rides, see all the shows, collect all the pressed pennies, etc. This trip will be a little different as I know what he does/doesn't like and I will try to be mindful of that! I also want to make sure we do a lot of the things he likes! For instance, he is not a character lover so I will be keeping meets to a minimum. Hence where the PTR title comes from- me begging to squeeze ONE character meal :rotfl: He loves the thrill rides and would probably prefer if we skip It's A Small World all together :rotfl2:

He enjoys Disney but he doesn't love it the way I do and has no desire to go all the time. That being said, taking this trip is his idea! He said he's ready to go back and I will happily oblige! We also will be spending some days at Universal Studios!

We will be making our way to Disney January 26-February 2nd. We are going to be staying at Pop Century! That is where we stayed last time together and we both enjoyed it. I have not been there in 5 years so I'm glad to be going back and to see the new refurbished rooms.

Hope you all will join me as I plan this trip that is (as of today) 157 days away!!

We're going to be there at the exact same time, except we're leaving Sunday. Saturday, I will be the lady unintentionally Disney bounding as Cruella De Vil while I drag my kids through all four parks!

122 days to go! The fact that I am in the low 100s and creeping my way to double digits is exciting!

We're at 95 today and I can't handle it!! On the way home L said it smelled like Christmas outside (it was cool and rainy today...not sure where he was getting Christmas from, but whatever, LOL), and I mentioned that our trip was only 95 days away and that would be AFTER Christmas was over. Then it hit me that Christmas is less than 95 days away and sent me on a downward spiral of anxiety b/c WHERE HAS THE YEAR GONE??

wow, that escalated quickly from a simple comment about days left til travel :rotfl::rotfl:

I hate that character spot is now a Tier 1 FP, makes no sense.

What?? Ugh, I didn't realize this. That's my go-to tier 2 selection with Spaceship Earth!

Illuminations is definitely something I am making a point for us to see! It will be the kids' last time, and probably DH's, too. If I end up there in the spring I'll have to catch it one last time then!

I’m thinking of trying Coral Reef again in March, my sister will be with and she absolutely loves Aquariums! I think she would love it!

I also think it is so silly to have Character Spot as a tier 1, how dumb! Andi always thinks it smells like puke in the waiting line so she vetoes CS anyways, lol!

The Visa meet and greet is always a fun one, we try to do it every trip, except this past one I forgot the Visa card at the room oops!

Sounds like smart plans for Epcot, especially going with someone who isn't a character fan.
I know Disney obviously needed more Tier 1 options, but it is really sad that you have to choose between the headline attractions and meeting the characters! As a parent, it's a tough call. I want to ride the coasters, but my kids want to meet Mickey.

YAY!!!! It's super exciting....especially since my countdown in 453 right now! LOL

:rotfl: That is a lot of days to go! But the anticipation is have the fun, right??

Hey, we'll be there during that exact same time! Discounts just came out for January, hope you were able to get a good deal!

Joining along as we are also going during this time!
We're still waiting on the military discount renewal announcement before finalizing our hotel but we've bought our tickets to Orlando.
I'm so excited!

How cool that you'll be there the same time! I went ahead and hopped over to your PTR!

Woohoo! Before you know it, you'll be doing FPs. And then you'll turn around and it'll be time to leave!

I'm sooo with you there. So silly.

You're so right!! It does fly by! I can't believe I'm already at the 4 month mark. Feels like yesterday I was at 6 months and just booking the trip!

We're going to be there at the exact same time, except we're leaving Sunday. Saturday, I will be the lady unintentionally Disney bounding as Cruella De Vil while I drag my kids through all four parks!

Yay awesome! A 4 park day sounds pretty fun for your last day! I would have loved to leave Sunday but DBF said he would kill me if we weren't home on Superbowl Sunday :rotfl2:

We're at 95 today and I can't handle it!! On the way home L said it smelled like Christmas outside (it was cool and rainy today...not sure where he was getting Christmas from, but whatever, LOL), and I mentioned that our trip was only 95 days away and that would be AFTER Christmas was over. Then it hit me that Christmas is less than 95 days away and sent me on a downward spiral of anxiety b/c WHERE HAS THE YEAR GONE??

wow, that escalated quickly from a simple comment about days left til travel :rotfl:

What?? Ugh, I didn't realize this. That's my go-to tier 2 selection with Spaceship Earth!

Illuminations is definitely something I am making a point for us to see! It will be the kids' last time, and probably DH's, too. If I end up there in the spring I'll have to catch it one last time then!

95!! So soon!! And you're right, that means Christmas is going to be here before know it! Which is exciting and stressful at the same time hahaha

UGH YES! It was mine too! I don't foresee alot of trips to Character Spot in my future unless they change it back lol

I would like to see it one last time. But it's one of the things I won't push if DBF is tired/doesn't want to stick around.

I’m thinking of trying Coral Reef again in March, my sister will be with and she absolutely loves Aquariums! I think she would love it!

I also think it is so silly to have Character Spot as a tier 1, how dumb! Andi always thinks it smells like puke in the waiting line so she vetoes CS anyways, lol!

The Visa meet and greet is always a fun one, we try to do it every trip, except this past one I forgot the Visa card at the room oops!

Yay I hope you do, that sounds like the perfect opportunity for it!

LOL! I don't think I've ever noticed the puke smell but it does always feel cramped and loud in there!

I do love the Visa spot, the interaction is always so fun. Bummer that you didn't do it this trip!

Sounds like smart plans for Epcot, especially going with someone who isn't a character fan.
I know Disney obviously needed more Tier 1 options, but it is really sad that you have to choose between the headline attractions and meeting the characters! As a parent, it's a tough call. I want to ride the coasters, but my kids want to meet Mickey.

Thanks! I think this will be a relatively easy going day.

I think Epcot is the hardest park when it comes to FPs. Everything is lumped into Tier 1 and there's not a lot of decent options for Tier 2! Hopefully they change it around at some point!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter