Can we talk Mixology?

PHamrick

Mouseketeer
I've got a group of four families (8 adults) going on the August Northern European cruise. I've seen mentions of mixology classes before, but know nothing about them. Could we do a class just the 8 of us? How would we set it up? Does DCL set up the time and place for the class? What are the different options for a class? Any advice, experience, etc. that you are willing to share would be appreciated!

I've got a group of four families (8 adults) going on the August Northern European cruise. I've seen mentions of mixology classes before, but know nothing about them. Could we do a class just the 8 of us? How would we set it up? Does DCL set up the time and place for the class? What are the different options for a class? Any advice, experience, etc. that you are willing to share would be appreciated!
You can set up a private mixology class, but the minimum cost is for like 25 people, I believe. And I think they've started doing the private classes on port days only. I could be wrong on that.

Otherwise, when you online check in/excursion booking window opens you can pre-book the "regular" mixology class (if not filled up before you get there) at that time. If full, check once onboard if there have been any classes added to get tickets.

You can set up a private mixology class, but the minimum cost is for like 25 people, I believe. And I think they've started doing the private classes on port days only. I could be wrong on that.

They do both. Our cruise last week had two private classes on sea days and two on port days.

The Mixology class does a variety of mixed drinks. There are also things like whiskey tasting, tequila tasting, and wine tastings. I doubt that Disney would arrange an event for just eight of you, or if they would they would charge you as if there were at least 20. You might check to see if your cruise has a cruise meet thread going already, and see if there are others that might be interested in a private tasting. Private events can be arranged through contacting DCL.Function.Requests@disney.com

We have done a Mixology class a few different cruises and they were all different. On the Wonder during the Panama Canal cruise it was held in Cadillac Lounge and when you walked in they had all the mixed drinks set up already on each table for each guest. The CM explained the drinks in order and everyone tasted them.

In 2015 on the Fantasy we arranged a private Mixology class for our large group and it was held in Skyline and we all got to get behind the bar and try our hand at making different drinks. The CM would call up a few guests at a time to practice the mixing of the different drinks.

Just recently back on the Wonder in January we booked Disney's Mixology (not a private event like the Fantasy) and it was again held in Cadillac Lounge and there were two glasses in front of each guest. For the other three drinks a server carried them to everyone on trays. We got to "float" some liquor on top of one of the drinks (they passed a bottle around to everyone).

All different but all very enjoyable. They last about an hour or so. For $20 a person I thought it was a great value.

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!