Can we use dining credits before we check in the hotel?

IncredibleboysMom

DIS Veteran
We are driving down and will stay very close to the World the night before our package starts. We were hoping to hit the parks at RD and have breakfast there. Do we have to go by our hotel (Sports) to check in before going to the parks or will the dining credits (and park tickets) be available on our magic bands?

We are driving down and will stay very close to the World the night before our package starts. We were hoping to hit the parks at RD and have breakfast there. Do we have to go by our hotel (Sports) to check in before going to the parks or will the dining credits (and park tickets) be available on our magic bands?

If you do online check-in and make your check-in time very early (7:00 a.m.), then you should have no problem. If, for some reason you do have to pay for the meal, just charge it to your room and fix it with the front desk when you do get to your resort.

Do we have to go by our hotel (Sports) to check in before going to the parks or will the dining credits (and park tickets) be available on our magic bands?

Are you doing online check-in? If so, and if the magicbands you're bringing are correctly setup on appropriate accounts with PINs set and all that other good stuff, then 100% it will work. If you're doing check-in at the front desk then I'm really not sure. I'd assume it still *should* work, because you're very much within the letter of the law on this, but I wouldn't even count on my band being setup right if I've not handled it in advance on the MDE system.

60 days in advance of your check-in. Have a magical vacation! :)

Edited: Oops! Rich M not only beat me to it, but also had a more correct answer!

That said, online check in doesn't always work to activate dining plan, so just be prepared to charge it and deal with it at your resort. This means you have to set up a PIN for your Magic Bands at check in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!