Can y'all recommend some good cars?

Rajah

DIS Veteran
Inexpensive, good get-up-and-go, good reliability...?

I know what I *want*. I don't know that we'll be able to afford what I want. (Buick Regal)

So... any recommendations?

I heard they're rolling off the first American made Nissan in Tennessee today (I believe it's the Sentra).:) Nissan vehicles are excellent in quality, and they last forever.:)

Originally posted by Rajah
Inexpensive, good get-up-and-go, good reliability...?

So... any recommendations?

Honda Civic.

Quick cheap, and will last a lifetime if you change the oil once in a while.

Starts out at 12K. Has some zip to it. And of course there's the name when it comes to reliability.

i recommend the honda civic too. i have a 95' and it's still running good. if you keep up a regular maintain schedule they should last as long as you want them to. i know a few people who have gotten close to 200,000 miles on them. :D

i would definitely recommend staying with a foriegn car company though. :smooth:

I have a 2002 Buick Regal and just love it. GM has been running some really good rebates/financing offers. Not sure if they still are. Try going to www.gmbuypower.com. This will allow you to put in the year, model, make and trim style of the GM vehicle you are looking for as well as your zip code. It will give results of the dealers in your area with the particular vehicle you are looking for. Also - in addition - once you find one you can also click on the window sticker which will detail the price (standard price) as well as with all the options that are on that particular vehicle.

Yes keep Ohioans employed. Buy a Honda. :teeth:

Civic's have a good track record and are resonably priced.

Does this mean your car repairs aren't going so well?

:bounce::wave::bounce:

I have to say Honda as well. I bought a 1978 Honda Civic back in 1990, and it was running fantastic then. We only sold it because we couldn't move with it. It always got comments... due to the older body style, it ran beautifully...

My DH just bought a used Oldsmobile.. but he only needs it to go 2 1/2 miles to the train station and back everyday.

As for Nissans.. my mom had a very serious accident in hers, and won't go back to them.

Stay away from FORDS... Fixed or Repaired Daily... so true... I had problems with our Windstar, but our Mustangs (78, 82, and 85) were decent. My Maverick was ok (1970).

I currently have a Saturn, and we are less than enthused with it.

Originally posted by tiggerlover
Does this mean your car repairs aren't going so well?

It's the head gasket again. Second time in 3-4 years. :( My parents, the repair guy, and one dealer my mom talked to all recommended don't put the money into another repair of the head gasket, get a new car instead. That's what I was thinking as well.

I have a 2 door Honda Accord that has been wonderful! Honda's are very reliable cars and are an excellent value for the money. Though I have never owned one, I do hear that Civics are excellent as well (as the above posters said).

Oh how cool, my sweetie recommended my car!!! Actually I had wanted a Civic for years due to their good reliability (among other things). They are a great car either new or used and seem to last forever (and as Luis said, it helps keep Ohioans employed ;))

I own an Accord but since she wanted cheaper pricing that's why I recommended the Civic. I love the new Accords but they are a little on the expensive side.

i still say stay away from american car companies. they are always having problems. :eek:

Definately a Honda Civic or Accord. You can find some very nice used Accords for the same price as a new smaller car.

I'd buy a USED Honda before I'd buy a NEW Ford/GM/Chrsler product.:wave:

Honda Accord or Civic, depending on your needs and budget. :)

Or the new Mazda6 if you want something sportier.

I have the Toyota Corolla and love it. It has a 4 cylinder, but enough HP that it can get out of it's own way when I have too.

Several people in my family have Honda Civics or Accords and love them. The last forever with only routine maintenance needed.

My mom is on her second Toyota Corolla. She had her first one for twelve years with never any problems. She is hoping her second will do the same (and it only cost around $15k).

Another happy Honda Civic customer here. I have also heard good things about Toyotas. My experiences with Nissan was not good, but that was 15 years ago and things have likely changed.

DO NOT buy a Ford. My parants own 3 Fords, all lemons. Mandy and owned one Ford, and it was the worst piece of junk I have ever owned.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter