Can you buy a PAP at the resort (VWL) upon check in? What to purchase?

Disney On The Bayou

Mouseketeer
Can you buy a PAP at the resort (VWL) upon check-in?
I've booked a 2bdr for myself, my girlfriend, my brother, his wife and their 2 kids. Since I'm a new DVC member I plan on going at least twice the next year and from the info on this site, plan on purchasing PAPs for myself. I think the best bet for my brothers family will be the discounted LOS passes. Is this the best stratergy? We are staying 5 nights.

Thanks

The Annual Passes can't be bought at any of the resorts. They have to be purchased at Guest Services at the entrances to the park or in DD. It sounds like an AP or PAP would be best for you. Just be sure you will get enough use out of the water parks and/or PI to make up the difference in price between to the two annual passes. It might make sense to buy the AP and then pay as you go for the other features. DVC sells discounted tickets for individual entry into the water parks and PI.

You can also get AP or PAP vouchers from Disney over the internet from their web site. They mail you the voucher that you exchange for your passes at Guest Relations.

Pam has good advice. You should look at the net, discounted prices on all of the passes. I bought our PAP's a month before joining DC, which would have saved 10%. And the "P" in PAP reflects the PREMIUM you pay for them just for the water parks, PI, and DQ. Even taking three trips this year, I just about got to a breakeven with PHP's, and the days never expire on the latter. If you renew an AP, the new year starts effective one year from when you bought it (not when you first use it), so take that into your planning as well.

Good Luck! :)

Just be sure to bring your Picture ID with you, whether redeeming a voucher or actually purchasing at the park. They will not let you have the actual pass without ID. I learned that the hard way this past May. We ended up wasting several hours heading back to OKW to retrieve my Driver's license. DH, who of course had his in his wallet, was amused, but I felt bad!Sus:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter