Can you rent points and stay at normal disney hotels?

marc_julien

Earning My Ears
Hi Guys,

Can I rent points and instead of staying at a DVC property can I stay at Contemporary club levels (12/13 floors). We did our first Disney trip years ago at club contemporary and we would like to someday do a club level trip again.

The Canadian dollar is absolutely horrible lately so considering options for the future.

thank you

Hi Guys,

Can I rent points and instead of staying at a DVC property can I stay at Contemporary club levels (12/13 floors). We did our first Disney trip years ago at club contemporary and we would like to someday do a club level trip again.

The Canadian dollar is absolutely horrible lately so considering options for the future.

thank you
Yes, but it will probably cost you more that you would pay Disney directly. Non-DVC hotel room rates are negotiated annually by DVC. So it may require four or more times the cost of a DVC studio at BLT to stay at the Contemporary in a Club level hotel room. BLT standard studios range from 13 to 29 points per night. A non-theme park view Club level room runs from 76 to 123 points per NIGHT. So you could get five nights in a standard studio for less than one night in a club level room.

You can, but you could pay for the room out of pocket for cheaper than you could rent DVC points to stay there.

It's ridiculously expensive (points-wise) to stay in non-DVC resorts on points. The lowest points night I see for a standard atrium club room at Contemporary is 76 points per night...which at say, $15/point, would be $1140/night.

Has any member actually been able to rent a Disney Collections hotel room before, which would require at the very least putting someone's name other than the member on the reservation? It has long been my understanding that a member, using points to make the reservation, cannot do a rental of any Disney Hotel that is part of the Disney Collections. The current Home Resort Rules and Regulations actually prohibit a rental of any "Club Member Benefits Programs," which include the Disney Collections, without the express approval of DVD.

Last edited:

Yes, but it will probably cost you more that you would pay Disney directly. Non-DVC hotel room rates are negotiated annually by DVC. So it may require four or more times the cost of a DVC studio at BLT to stay at the Contemporary in a Club level hotel room. BLT standard studios range from 13 to 29 points per night. A non-theme park view Club level room runs from 76 to 123 points per NIGHT. So you could get five nights in a standard studio for less than one night in a club level room.
Thank you! Shame its not the answer I wanted to read but still helpful! haha

You can, but you could pay for the room out of pocket for cheaper than you could rent DVC points to stay there.

It's ridiculously expensive (points-wise) to stay in non-DVC resorts on points. The lowest points night I see for a standard atrium club room at Contemporary is 76 points per night...which at say, $15/point, would be $1140/night.
haha Way too much $$$ when converting over, I'll still try DVC rental points in 2021 just not main Comtemporary club floors.

definitely not a good use of points to stay elsewhere. Pay out of pocket for other hotels.

Has any member actually been able to rent a Disney Collections hotel room before, which would require at the very least putting someone's name other than the member on the reservation? It has long been my understanding that a member, using points to make the reservation, cannot do a rental of any Disney Hotel that is part of the Disney Collections. The current Home Resort Rules and Regulations actually prohibit a rental of any "Club Member Benefits Programs," which include the Disney Collections, without the express approval of DVD.

Not exactly the same, but I booked 2 rooms at the Disneyland Hotel on my points several years ago. I put the one in my name (of course) and the other in the name of my relative. We were going to be there together, but did not arrive at the same time and she had no trouble checking in at the desk with the reservation. I did go down to meet them in case of issues, but it seemed to be ok. But as I said, we were visiting together, so it may have been different since it was 2 rooms and I was in one of them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter