Can you still trade with the Jawas? Where?

ok thanks! I remember that being so fun. I wanted to know if I needed to bring something shiny to trade.

DH’s work manufactures printed circuit boards (the flat green boards in computers and electronics) and on one trip we took some scrap boards with us to trade with the Jawas. Had a fabulous time convincing them they were hyperdrive boards from the Millennium Falcon. Got some great pics and some droid parts. We normally don’t go in for the standard type of character greets, so we were really disappointed when this one ended.

DH’s work manufactures printed circuit boards (the flat green boards in computers and electronics) and on one trip we took some scrap boards with us to trade with the Jawas. Had a fabulous time convincing them they were hyperdrive boards from the Millennium Falcon. Got some great pics and some droid parts. We normally don’t go in for the standard type of character greets, so we were really disappointed when this one ended.

They were definitely the best character meets in the park. They rifled through my backpack, traded several times with my kids and when our turn was over we hung out and watched their antics with others. They were genius. Definitely miss them.

Last edited:

We loved the Jawas. Alas, they wouldn't trade for my youngest :jester:
Ha! We tried this too. Same result.

We loved trading with them when they were around. At one point, they stole my husbands keys and walked away. Definitely missed that on our last few trips.

I have stepped in the launch bay twice in 3 years of going weekly.
April of 2017 is the last time I went in there and saw the javas, but they wouldn't trade that time but they were there.
October of 2019 was just so the kid's could meet Darth, and I didn't even bother looking, but I swear I heard one. Oh well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!