Can you take luggage on the skyliner?

DisSurfer878

DIS Veteran
We're thinking about a split stay at two different skyliner resorts. Can I just hop on with my luggage, or is that a no go?

Disney will transfer your luggage between resorts.

Edited to add Guests splitting between POP and AoA or CBR and Riviera can wheel their luggage between resorts

Last edited:
Disney will transfer luggage for you, but be aware it can take the better part of the day to receive it in your new resort. Their process is not as refined as DME deliveries are, and I have heard horror stories of it taking 12+ hours to receive luggage at the new resort, hadn't even left the original resort, etc. Unless you're staying at resorts you can walk between, I'd probably just Uber over with my luggage and store it with bell services if the new room isn't ready yet.

We're thinking about a split stay at two different skyliner resorts. Can I just hop on with my luggage, or is that a no go?

No you can't bring luggage on any Disney transportation. Not unless all you have are backpacks.

I have let Disney transfer my bags between resorts, and I have done it myself when I have had a car. If you let Disney do it, you won't have access to your luggage until they deliver it to your room. And unlike Magical Express they won't deliver it until you are in your room and call for it. Typically it will be after 4 pm sometime.

Luggage delivery is based on check out, check in times. The transfer luggage generally doesn't leave your resort until after noon. It generally won't be available in your new resort until late afternoon. Probably not an issue if you're going to be in the parks all day. Taking an Uber or Lyft is the way to go if you want immediate access to your luggage.

We've done a lot of split stays and always let DVC move our luggage and groceries. Never had an issue - we leave in the morning and when we arrive at our new resort in the evening the luggage is waiting and the groceries have been kept cold.

I've done several split stays and never had an issue with Disney moving our luggage. It was always all there, and within a very reasonable amount of time.

We did a split in 2018. My original plan was to have Disney move it from the BC to the Poly and since we were going to be in epcot that morning we would take the monorail over.

But we decided to take a lyft with our bags and our room was ready by about 1-as we were finishing lunch in epcot. So we unpacked, swam for 10 min then had to get out due to thunder and returned to the quiet pool once that was over. Then MK that night and I didn’t have to worry/wait for my bags.

In January we arrived at AoA and our room was not ready, but should be within the hour, so we just wandered with our carryons. We asked if we could ride the Skyliner with the carryons (hard-sided four-wheel carryon sized suitcases) and were told yes. So we rode with 2 of those and 2 backpacks. Not sure what they would have said to full size luggage.

In January we arrived at AoA and our room was not ready, but should be within the hour, so we just wandered with our carryons. We asked if we could ride the Skyliner with the carryons (hard-sided four-wheel carryon sized suitcases) and were told yes. So we rode with 2 of those and 2 backpacks. Not sure what they would have said to full size luggage.

Why did you not just leave your carry ons at bell services?

You should not have been able to and were lucky they let you. OP should not expect nor try.

Was just there last week - saw a blue name tag cast member and asked if I could bring my luggage on the Skyliner from Beach Club to Riviera - he said "Of course! As long as you don't have, like, 100 bags!" I ended up being to hot and took an uber, but just wanted to throw out that data point!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter