Can you walk from SSR to OKW?

loveswdw

DIS Veteran
We have friends staying at SSR the same week we are staying at OKW. We would like them to see our 1BR at OKW (they are staying in a SSR studio). Is there a walkway between the two resorts or would it be easier to boat to DTD then over to OKW for them?

You can take the boat directly to OKW from the SSR dock.
The two resorts share the DTD boat, and it stops at SSR on it's way to OKW.

I don't think there is a walkway between the two resorts.

It's been years, but I did walk between the two areas. Part path along the canal, and part golf cart trail. I can't remember which side of the canal you need to be on if you are heading toward OKW... if walking toward SS then you are automatically on the correct side.

The two resorts are connected by the Lake Buena Vista Golf Course. This http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=1218928 shows the walk along the first and second fairways. You can also walk along the 8th and 9th fairways, and end up closer to the Hospitality House.

Depending on the weather, it can be a lovely walk. However, we walked it in July mid-afternoon. Not too smart. DH was soaked with sweat when we arrived because much of it is in direct sunlight vs. shade. Again, choosing the right time is key.

It's a nice walk DW and I did it a couple weeks ago, in the rain. Take the path near the boat dock over a wooden bridge then make a right just over the bridge. It follows the canal so you may see the boat going to and from SSR/DTD. This is not part of the fairways so you don't have to worry about getting run over by golf carts, although there was an ocassional maint cart.

The walkway enters OKW near bldg 55, in the South Point area. Otherwise, if you want to meet them near Olivia's, I'd recommend they take the DVC Ferry boat.

The walkway enters OKW near bldg 55, in the South Point area. Otherwise, if you want to meet them near Olivia's, I'd recommend they take the DVC Ferry boat.

I agree with Chuck.

Yes, it was a long haul over to the main section of the resort once we stepped onto the grounds. We had to go into the lobby just to cool off before exploring.

Thank you SO MUCH for all the replies! I'm going to print out this thread and stick it with our trip stuff so I'll have it when we go! I love the DIS!:love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter