Canadian Disney Gift Cards

I think it's pretty safe to say they will be almost everywhere soon. I've seen them at Save On Foods, Walmart, Superstore and Canadian Tire here in Prince George, BC

I've been watching for them at Shell. No luck yet. That would be a great deal since Shell treats most gift cards as "in store purchases" for the purposes of Air Miles.

Just an fyi that I have found a way to lock in your rate on the Canadian gift card. You just need to transfer the money from your CDN dollar gift card to a USD gift card. Then you locked in that exchange rate.

Great tip, thanks!

Just an fyi that I have found a way to lock in your rate on the Canadian gift card. You just need to transfer the money from your CDN dollar gift card to a USD gift card. Then you locked in that exchange rate.

I had an empty USD card from my march trip and transferred $100.00 cdn to it when it said it was worth $78.83. The whole day it stayed at $78.83 when another CDN card was worth $78.85. So I locked in my $100 CDN at $78.83. Today I now transferred the other $100 CDN to the USD card and combined the. $78.83 and $78.85

Thanks for the info! I think I might buy a US gift card and transfer my CDN gc$ to it.

Maybe this has already been addressed, but once you use your CDN gift card for the first time does that lock in the rate as well, or does it keep changing daily?

Wow that is a fantastic idea thanks so much for the tip. My trip isn't planned until 2019 so I can't use the cards on my room yet because I can't book that far in advance and I was worried the CAD dollar would take a dive between now and then.

Thanks for the info! I think I might buy a US gift card and transfer my CDN gc$ to it.

Maybe this has already been addressed, but once you use your CDN gift card for the first time does that lock in the rate as well, or does it keep changing daily?
I'm pretty sure that any remaining balance will be subject to the exchange rate as well. If I plan on doing this next time i will buy a gift card once i get there and transfer any balance on the CDN cards to the US one so there isn't any further exchange to deal with.

Rate will keep changing daily.

So I've been following this thread sporadically but quick question, is there any benefit to purchasing a gift card to use to pay down a reservation if I have a no forex fee credit card (Amazon.ca) or would the rates basically be the same?

For people in Durham region I found the Disney gcs loadable up to $500 at Sobey's in Whitby.

Does anyone know if the gift card is re-loadable? Is that the right term? I was thinking I could grab one of those and put $25 on it every now and then when grocery shopping until it reaches $500. I asked the Cashier but she didn't know either.

For people in Durham region I found the Disney gcs loadable up to $500 at Sobey's in Whitby.

Does anyone know if the gift card is re-loadable? Is that the right term? I was thinking I could grab one of those and put $25 on it every now and then when grocery shopping until it reaches $500. I asked the Cashier but she didn't know either.
If you set up an account on the Disney Gift Card website you can consolidate them to a maximum of $1,000 per card

Just go here and create an account for yourself
Disney Gift Card Account

Anyone know if you can do partial balance transfers between cards? I've only been able to find $50 gift cards here in Ottawa, and I want to get the kids $75 ones for their souvenier spending (Christmas gifts from my parents, who are sending me the cash). Can I take 3 $50s and make them 2 $75s somehow?

Anyone know if you can do partial balance transfers between cards? I've only been able to find $50 gift cards here in Ottawa, and I want to get the kids $75 ones for their souvenier spending (Christmas gifts from my parents, who are sending me the cash). Can I take 3 $50s and make them 2 $75s somehow?
If I recall it asks you how much you’d like to transfer so I’m thinking yes? I didn’t pay too much attention because I was transferring the entire amount but it’s worth a try.

Not sure this has been asked, but my family and I are heading on a Disney Cruise 2018 December my TA said I can use the Disney GC to pay for my balance is this right? Can I also use it as credit on board? Can you only get the GC at the Disney Store? I'm in Airdrie Alberta. Does it work out better then using my Canadian CC?

Saw the cards at Airdrie Walmart today. Hoping they show up at a discount somewhere soon!

I'm in Kanata, I've found the loadable ones at Shoppers Drug Mart, you can choose how much you want to put on them :)

I had an empty USD card from my march trip and transferred $100.00 cdn to it when it said it was worth $78.83. The whole day it stayed at $78.83 when another CDN card was worth $78.85. So I locked in my $100 CDN at $78.83. Today I now transferred the other $100 CDN to the USD card and combined the. $78.83 and $78.85
wow wonder if you can use this as a small personal exchange. When our dollar is up transfer to US card and when down transfer back. How soon till they catch on.

wow wonder if you can use this as a small personal exchange. When our dollar is up transfer to US card and when down transfer back. How soon till they catch on.

But really, what would that benefit since they are tied down into Disney gift cards? If it were dollars you could use elsewhere I could maybe see the benefit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter